Windows 10: WLM Hack

Discus and support WLM Hack in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sven1458, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Sven1458 Win User

WLM Hack

Hi all,
    Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it easy to fix WLM. Here is what i typed:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Live mail]
    "RecreateFolderIndex"=dword:00000001
    "RecreateStreamIndex"=dword:00000001
    "RecreateUIDIndex"=dword:00000001

Would that be good enough to fix WLM or am i missing something

Thanks

:)

Sven1458, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Sally897 Win User

Windows10 and WLM

I'm sure you will be as delighted as I am that I have found all my missing email folders (followed AppData to Imported Folders>Local Folders) and they are all now in EMClient I tried doing the same thing with my WLM Contacts folder but it stays as a one
    page list in alphabetical order and not in the categorised format that it was when I was using Window7/WLM. Also I haven't figured out how to send an email from EMClient - keeps telling me that the server doesn't support authentication - I've never come
    across that anywhere before. Any suggestions?

The OS is still calling itself Windows7 (I wonder if that will change to Windows10 at some point?)

Thanks as always.

Sally897, Nov 11, 2020
  3. jallooe Win User
    Nokia N95 WLM

I want to download the N95 WLM App for and I didn't know how to so I went on the Nokia website and it told me to go to the download section and refresh the list and the WLM App Folder should appear but every time I do it nothing happens, what should I
    do?

jallooe, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Glenn_id4 Win User

WLM Hack

WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

I did a reply on December 12th. Now, I'm thinking of following your suggestion. However,

I'm not sure I understand the procedure because it never actually says to reinstall WLM.

Step 5 says "Restart your computer after the repair." So, should I reinstall WLM, then run

d-Mail.msp, then restart the computer ... in that order?

Also, do you have any reason to believe the procedure will work, or is this just a suggestion?

Glenn_id4, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

WLM Hack

1. WLM Hack - Similar Threads - WLM Hack

2. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  3. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  4. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  5. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  6. Change my email signature in WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my email signature in WLM: how do i change my signature in windows live mail*original title: email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-email-signature-in-wlm/563761dd-cbbe-4397-bf98-456ddb827153
  7. Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?: To my surprise a search of the Forum found no hits for BlueMail at all, I use it on my Android Phone, and think I might finally need a replacement for WLM ( to my chagrin ) as it is not handling newer HTML Mails well eg links to Google Drive Folders etc, but wonder if it is...
  8. View Slide Show in WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    View Slide Show in WLM 2012: I know Microsoft quit supporting Windows Live Mail 2012 but if there's somweone still using it as I am, please tell me how to activate my "View Slide Show" option in incoming email messages. Mine is still blue, like it's a live link but when you click on it, it takes me to...
  9. How do I get coded WLM emails into Office 365 Outlook?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get coded WLM emails into Office 365 Outlook?: I changed from a Windows 7 desktop to a Windows 10 desktop and am using Office 365. For emails, I had Windows Live Mail on the old computer but downloaded Outlook for Office 365 on the new one, as I hate Windows Mail for its lack of flexibility. Managed to copy over all my...
  10. WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link: I'm new at this Win 10 version 1909 thing so be patient. :) I'm using Chrome with WLM 2012. My trouble is for instance: When I go to YouTube and watch a short video clip that I want to send to friends in email, I highlight the web address and press Ctrl + C. I open a new...