Windows 10: WLM has quit Working

Discus and support WLM has quit Working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; WLM has quit working - HELP! I have tried repairing but there was no change. If I reinstall will I lose all my emails and calendar information?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nijode, Dec 15, 2015.

1. nijode Win User

WLM has quit Working

WLM has quit working - HELP! I have tried repairing but there was no change. If I reinstall will I lose all my emails and calendar information? Probably? Please help.

:)

nijode, Dec 15, 2015

2. Windows Live Messenger and 3 Handsets

I should point out that my handset (N91) is not a 3 handset however the download of WLM was working for quite a while then just stopped with the error message appearing

tweets---01, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Glenn_id4 Win User
    WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

ok , I did your procedure on my computer and WLM 2012 still crashes upon opening.

I went to a different pc that has never had any version if WLM installed.

1. installed WLM 2012

2. restart windows

3. start windows and run WLM ... ok it wants me to create accounts ... I cancel that.

4. restart windows

5. apply d-Mail.msp

6. restart windows

7. start windows and run WLM ... ok it wants me to create accounts ... I cancel that.

8. click on contacts ... WLM asks me to login so it can get contacts from my Hotmail account

9. login to Hotmail and WLM 2012 stopped working.

10. restart windows

11. open WLM 2012 and it sops working immediately every time.

Both computers are Windows 10 and fully updated.

Glenn_id4, Dec 15, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

WLM has quit Working

Your Email Messages and Account(s) are stored under:
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    You can manually copy the whole folder to somewhere else just in case then do a clean install of WLM.

topgundcp, Dec 15, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    I am assuming that you received the same email we, the WLM users, have received, and you ran the update (KB3093594) given to you from the email.
    If that was the case, after you have reinstall Windows essentials and WLM is back in action, do NOT run that update again.

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  6. nijode Win User
    Thanks for the response. I DID NOT reinstall as I am concerned about losing my history. Instead I did a repair which did not help. If I reinstall will I keep my history? Thanks, Nick.

nijode, Dec 15, 2015
  7. nijode Win User
    Thanks for the response. I DID NOT reinstall as I am concerned about losing my history. Instead I did a repair which did not help. If I reinstall will I keep my history? Thanks, Nick.

nijode, Dec 15, 2015
  8. nijode Win User

WLM has quit Working

Thanks, problem fixed, I re-installed an all my history came back. I appreciate your being there to help.

nijode, Dec 17, 2015
  9. nijode Win User
    Thanks, I re-installed and all is good. I did NOT run the update again.

nijode, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WLM has quit Working

1. WLM has quit Working - Similar Threads - WLM has quit

2. Camera has Quit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera has Quit: The camera on my Lenovo laptop has up and quit. I thought maybe it worked off an on off button like the mic but I cannot find any such thing. This is only 6 months old so I am at a loss. It worked fine until two weeks ago....
  3. Camera has Quit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera has Quit: The camera on my Lenovo laptop has up and quit. I thought maybe it worked off an on off button like the mic but I cannot find any such thing. This is only 6 months old so I am at a loss. It worked fine until two weeks ago....
  4. Camera has Quit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen saver Has quit working, Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver Has quit working, Please help: On my computer which is HP (Windows 10) Version 2004 (OS19041.329) has all of a sudden quit showing my Pictures in my screen saver?I have always for years put beautiful pictures in my Picture folder and used that as my screen saver instead of the bubbles, ribbons, ..etc.. But...
  6. Screen saver Has quit working, Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen saver Has quit working, Please help: On my computer which is HP (Windows 10) Version 2004 (OS19041.329) has all of a sudden quit showing my Pictures in my screen saver?I have always for years put beautiful pictures in my Picture folder and used that as my screen saver instead of the bubbles, ribbons, ..etc.. But...
  7. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  8. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  9. File history has quit working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history has quit working: I have my File History set for every 12 hours, and keep for 1 month, it has been working since June or July, so I check it once a week to verify that it's still working. It stopped last week, right after I checked it. All the settings are the same, any ideas? 64693
  10. Right Click for Photos has quit working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click for Photos has quit working.: Suddenly, when I right click a picture file (best I can tell it's any kind of picture file except RAW files) it doesn't show the Context Menu instead it just throws me to the Desktop. I use the Properties>Details a lot. Anybody know how to fix this? 64131