Windows 10: WLM program

Discus and support WLM program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerrypc1, May 9, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

WLM program

I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on windows 10 and I have it ready it will even receive e-mail. The only problem is I can't find any place to add contacts so unless you can remember all your mail contacts address you can't send anything Does anyone on the forum have a solution. Thanks Jerry

:)

jerrypc1, May 9, 2016

2. Email files under WIN 10 locked on to OUTLOOK?

WS

Is WLM installed on your computer now? What were you using in win 8.1? (for email)

What app were the old mails saved in?

To set WLM as the default mail app go to control panel (win key +"X">control panel)> the default programs>set your default programs>choose WLM

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 9, 2016
  3. caruccja Win User
    windows mail

1ST,thank you for the quick reply. I have backup copies of my emails (EML), folders and address list (WAB) but never backed up the actual email program (WLM).I do almost all my work
    using distribution list and I don’t believe the “people app” support these list.

I was unaware the MS was obsoleting Windows Essentials and thus WLM as of Jan. 2017.

I have tried to find a WLM download with no success.

I have a second computer with WLM installed -is it doable to copy the WLM program from the second computer and install it on the reset computer?

Again thank you for the help

caruccja, May 9, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

WLM program

From what I've read WLMail will continue to download email from non MS (outlook/hotmail) accounts, to use it with MS accounts there's an update but currently it breaks WLMail - in my case calendar crashed when opening. Apparently the update will only work once the account has been upgraded to use the new sync protocol.

Bastet, May 9, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks for the Information That helps.Jerry*Smile

jerrypc1, May 9, 2016
  6. sn2015 Win User
    I believe WLM will work with hotmail/outlook/MSN account after end of June if you change your account setting from activesync to IMAP or POP. That is how other 3rd email program work (Thunderbird, mailbird...) today. eM Client 6 is using "airsync" but will switch to IMAP for their release 7.

sn2015, May 10, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    I don't know whether calendar & contacts will still work though under WLMail after June.
    Yes I've changed to IMAP.

Bastet, May 10, 2016
  8. jerrypc1 Win User

WLM program

Thanks I already have POP3.*Smile

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WLM program

1. WLM program - Similar Threads - WLM program

2. How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Import email messages from WLM windows 7 desktop to a new laptop running windows...: Am in the process of moving from an HP desktop to HP laptop. Desktop runs on windows 7 and i have been using live mail 2011. New laptop is running on windows 10 and have set up outlook as my email. Want to import message storage folders from windows live email into outlook as...
  3. How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?

How to transfer WLM calendar to another mail client?: To import a calendar to EmClient requires a .ics file. How can I export the WLM calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-wlm-calendar-to-another-mail/f925532b-e214-4620-b8cd-e5a1a3cc3d74"
  4. WLM

WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  5. WLM

WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  6. How can I make the url in my WLM e mail signature clickable

in Browsers and Email
    How can I make the url in my WLM e mail signature clickable: WLM 2012. I can do that if I go each time to the html icon, but I have to do that for each e mail. Is there a way to have it clickable with all outgoing e mails like it would be if not made clickable. I have spend a lot of time on the internet looking for a solution, but I...
  7. How to include a picture in WLM Sign in profile ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to include a picture in WLM Sign in profile ?: This computer ( Intel Compute cs125) is a recently installed (repair install) Win 10 Home, ver 1803 build 17134.81 Browser : IE11 default. No 3rd party browser. I am using WLM in all my computers (5 of them.) I have issue on this particular one. Problem : I cannot find way...
  8. Issue with WLM..... error message

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with WLM..... error message: I was messing around with my Intel Compute Win 10 Stick so much so I had to do a Reset and keep Nothing. All is fine except WLM. I tried to reinstall WLM using my WE 2012 Offline Installer which worked for me many times since MS stop supporting WLM. But this time, something...
  9. WLM contacts, program collapses

in Browsers and Email
    WLM contacts, program collapses: Whenever I want to access the contacts in WLM, the program crashes. The auto-complete works but I wonder whether one day the whole program will not function any more. 90293
  10. [Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email

in Browsers and Email
    [Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email: Hi Jimbo. Except it actually does support IMAP, and brilliantly so. It’s handled much more responsively and dynamically than WLM was ever able to. But old habits die hard, so for now I will stay with WLM, as long as it doesn’t become too limited in its connectivity.