Windows 10: WLM program

Discus and support WLM program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jerrypc1, May 9, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

WLM program

I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on windows 10 and I have it ready it will even receive e-mail. The only problem is I can't find any place to add contacts so unless you can remember all your mail contacts address you can't send anything Does anyone on the forum have a solution. Thanks Jerry

:)

jerrypc1, May 9, 2016

2. Email files under WIN 10 locked on to OUTLOOK?

WS

Is WLM installed on your computer now? What were you using in win 8.1? (for email)

What app were the old mails saved in?

To set WLM as the default mail app go to control panel (win key +"X">control panel)> the default programs>set your default programs>choose WLM

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 9, 2016
  3. caruccja Win User
    windows mail

1ST,thank you for the quick reply. I have backup copies of my emails (EML), folders and address list (WAB) but never backed up the actual email program (WLM).I do almost all my work
    using distribution list and I don’t believe the “people app” support these list.

I was unaware the MS was obsoleting Windows Essentials and thus WLM as of Jan. 2017.

I have tried to find a WLM download with no success.

I have a second computer with WLM installed -is it doable to copy the WLM program from the second computer and install it on the reset computer?

Again thank you for the help

caruccja, May 9, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

WLM program

From what I've read WLMail will continue to download email from non MS (outlook/hotmail) accounts, to use it with MS accounts there's an update but currently it breaks WLMail - in my case calendar crashed when opening. Apparently the update will only work once the account has been upgraded to use the new sync protocol.

Bastet, May 9, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks for the Information That helps.Jerry*Smile

jerrypc1, May 9, 2016
  6. sn2015 Win User
    I believe WLM will work with hotmail/outlook/MSN account after end of June if you change your account setting from activesync to IMAP or POP. That is how other 3rd email program work (Thunderbird, mailbird...) today. eM Client 6 is using "airsync" but will switch to IMAP for their release 7.

sn2015, May 10, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    I don't know whether calendar & contacts will still work though under WLMail after June.
    Yes I've changed to IMAP.

Bastet, May 10, 2016
  8. jerrypc1 Win User

WLM program

Thanks I already have POP3.*Smile

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WLM program

1. WLM program - Similar Threads - WLM program

2. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  3. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  4. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  5. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  6. Change my email signature in WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my email signature in WLM: how do i change my signature in windows live mail*original title: email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-email-signature-in-wlm/563761dd-cbbe-4397-bf98-456ddb827153
  7. Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?: To my surprise a search of the Forum found no hits for BlueMail at all, I use it on my Android Phone, and think I might finally need a replacement for WLM ( to my chagrin ) as it is not handling newer HTML Mails well eg links to Google Drive Folders etc, but wonder if it is...
  8. WLM Hack

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Hack: Hi all, Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it easy to fix WLM. Here is what i typed: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  9. View Slide Show in WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    View Slide Show in WLM 2012: I know Microsoft quit supporting Windows Live Mail 2012 but if there's somweone still using it as I am, please tell me how to activate my "View Slide Show" option in incoming email messages. Mine is still blue, like it's a live link but when you click on it, it takes me to...
  10. WLM contacts, program collapses

in Browsers and Email
    WLM contacts, program collapses: Whenever I want to access the contacts in WLM, the program crashes. The auto-complete works but I wonder whether one day the whole program will not function any more. 90293