Windows 10: WLM restore folders and mails

Discus and support WLM restore folders and mails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally deleted some folders and mails within these in wlm, is there any chance of restoring these folders? Kind regards, Stephen 44879 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Stephen Halck, Mar 21, 2016.

1. WLM restore folders and mails

Hi,
    I accidentally deleted some folders and mails within these in wlm, is there any chance of restoring these folders?
    Kind regards,
    Stephen

:)

Stephen Halck, Mar 21, 2016

2. WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

Hi Glenn.

Here’s what I tried:

• Created a Windows Restore Point
    • Used WLM to Export all Message Folders and Accounts (just being cautious).
    • Selected Programs and Features to uninstall Windows Essentials 2012. It gave me the opportunity to Repair All Windows Essentials Programs, so I chose that. After that, WLM was still operational.
    • ran the d-Mail.msp app. I chose the Repair option. The Repair completed.
    • Ran WLM. After a few seconds got the “Windows Live Mail has stopped working.” Just as I expected!
    • Restored back to the Restore Point created in Step 1. As expected, WLM2012 is again operational.
    • Selected Programs and Features and opted to Uninstall Windows Live. This time chose the ”Remove One or More Essentials Programs” and I chose MAIL. Mail was then successfully uninstalled.
    • Went to webpage for Windows Live Essentials for Windows 10 and chose to install Mail. It was then installed. All my accounts and Storage Folders were still there! WLM was operational.
    • Ran the d-Mail.msp app again. Chose the Repair option, It completed.
    • Ran WLM 2012. As expected, after a few seconds got “Windows Live Mail has stopped working”. Yeh, why was I surprised? This is getting repetitious.
    • Without restoring back to my good Restore Point I reran the d-Mail.msp app again but this time chose to have Mail uninstalled rather than Repaired. Done.
    • Reran the Windows Live installation setup and chose to install MAIL. Ran fine. WLM operational again.
    • Reran d-Mail.msp yet again and chose Repair. Done. After Repair, WLM stops working yet again. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!
    • Restored back to the Restore Point in step 1. WLM working fine.

The only thing nice about this was to find that my WLM mail accounts and STORAGE folders were not lost when I uninstalled and then re-installed WLM2012. Perhaps, if had uninstalled using REVO uninstaller and chose Advanced, they would have. I won't try it.

simbataylor, Mar 21, 2016
  3. bass_gas Win User
    Email storage folders in Windows 10

Your reply did not appear to me to answer the question. Your bookmark ponts to im/ex from WLM and did not address the questions of: "How you move my "storage folders, i.e. history emails" from WLM to W10 Mail which is not WLM. Export of the Storage folders
    is one thing but how do you create "Storage" folder in W10 mail and then import all your saved mail history.

bass_gas, Mar 21, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

WLM restore folders and mails

Have not use Windows Live Mail for many years!

As I recalled:

Go to C:\Users\usernamexxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail folder. You must turn show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options to see that. You may see the folders missing from your Live Mail.

Go back to WLM and clicked on VIEW then COMPACT VIEW (collapses all the folders listed and a green plus sign appears under them.) Click on the green plus and ALL folders even those missing from the list show up in the dialogue box. Put a checkmark beside all the folders you want and click OK. Now, when you click on Compact View once more all the folders should appear.

I am not 100% sure. It has been for a while! Maybe some one here can give you a better direction?

Good luck Stephen!

snoopy51, Mar 21, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    1) If you have an image backup of C: maybe you can find the C:\Users\usernamexxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail folder and restore what you need.
    2) Are they possibly in the Recycle Bin?
    3) Use Recuva to try and recover the deleted files. Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WLM restore folders and mails

1. WLM restore folders and mails - Similar Threads - WLM restore folders

2. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  3. Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail WLM: Hi, I'm using Windows Live Mail WLM, which I really like, in Windows 7 as my main e-mail handling program and have Yahoo mail as my background mail account. For some reason my Yahoo mail is no longer automatically transferred to my WLM whereas a few weeks ago it was fine. 1...
  4. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  5. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  6. switched from Mail to WLM

in Browsers and Email
    switched from Mail to WLM: Hi All Just for your info Since today I haven't been able to open some email in the Mail app in Windows 10. It got to the point that I had to switch back to using WLM. All is working like a dream now. Cheers 21052
  7. WLM Error Retrieving G-Mail 0x800CCC0F

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Error Retrieving G-Mail 0x800CCC0F: So before you say anything yes I am using Windows Live Mail but it still works WONDERS! For everything except my Gmail. I clicked add account and logged in successfully with my Gmail account. It started to retrieve them no problem but stopped on 2/2/15 and gave me this error...
  8. Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail (WLM) Bizarre Behavior: I have been using Windows 10 for almost a year with Windows Live Mail as my email client without issue until about 3 weeks ago. Now, there is an intermittent problem: I have 3 accounts linked to my WLM and when doing a send/receive randomly the program will do crazy...
  9. how to move storage folders from w 7, wlm to wlm in win 10

how to move storage folders from w 7, wlm to wlm in win 10: I have w 7 with wlm and need to move only the storage folders to wlm in w 10 39724
  10. Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012: Unable to download and restore WLM 2012 after doing a Windows 10 restore on May 24, 2017. Message says Microsoft stop supporting Windows Live Essentials in January 2017. Any suggestions for reinstalling WLM 2012? Is Windows Live Mail 2012 available from anywhere besides...