Windows 10: WLMail error message: misspelled "smtp".....

Discus and support WLMail error message: misspelled "smtp"..... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [Win10; Dell Desktop; Firefox; (lost my Word2003); Thunderbird; WLMail soon to be killed!)] Error Message is showing “smtp” misspelled as smpt, but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Adela, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Adela Win User

WLMail error message: misspelled "smtp".....

[Win10; Dell Desktop; Firefox; (lost my Word2003); Thunderbird; WLMail soon to be killed!)]

Error Message is showing “smtp” misspelled as smpt, but I went over ALL of my settings and haven’t found any misspelled as smpt. Half an hour earlier, I had sent out somethings without any problem. I haven't made any changes or deletions. Here it is:

"The host 'smpt.rcn.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Subject 'Re: NYC International Folk Dance Tues and Sun'
    Server: 'smpt.rcn.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): No
    Socket Error: 11001"

Thanks so much for any help... *Smile

P.S. Now, I get the same thing in Tbird, because I have the same server, and as soon as I complete the setup I'll get rid of WLMail for good! *Wink

:)

Adela, Aug 26, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Aug 26, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Aug 26, 2017
  4. WLMail error message: misspelled "smtp".....

Hi Adele.

If you start a new email in Thunderbird are you able to send it?

If not click on Tools, Account settings, bottom of left hand column, SMTP servers.

I assume you only have one, correct. If you click edit does it check out. If more than one check both. It may have created a default.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Adela Win User
    Thanks Ken, I go to my WLMail when I have problems with Thunderbird and vice versa... until I finish that blessed Tbird setting-up and keep only TB.

But I just did go to TB to test sending out a message and....this time it did get sent out, before I had a chance to apply your instructions! I knew there weren't any misspellings of that word. What a crazy machine lol! I'll keep your instructions in case it happens again. Thank you very much!

P.S. I said "blessed" Tbird settings because I can't do the transfer from WLMail to it, of the address book and all files, folders, pictures, etc. I believe I should start a new thread. *Sad

Adela, Aug 26, 2017
  6. Yes I would start new thread on exporting contents.

I asked about new message because I wanted to be sure that the information or misdirection wasn't in bedded in the message headers, the message you showed us was a reply.

You should be able to go to tools, account settings at any time.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  7. Adela Win User
    Yes, I will start a new thread, and thanks.

"I asked about new message because I wanted to be sure that the information or misdirection wasn't in bedded in the message headers, the message you showed us was a reply."

Ken, I'm sorry I don't quite understand this. Shall I send another email from TBird, a new one to see the headers? Please let me know how? Thanx again!

Adela, Aug 26, 2017
  8. Adela Win User

Hi again, I understand now, and I sent an email to myself as a test, but where do I see the headers to find out whether it's embedded?

Adela, Aug 27, 2017
  9. In Thunderbird its under view. I thought maybe the message had tried to be sent with wrong SMTP although as I now think about it TBird should be sending with what ever you have listed, not what message has. I wouldn't worry about it. If you can send mail then you should be good to go from this point forward with TBird and you have it set up correctly.

Note if the problems you are having are replies or new messages.

Did you also check server settings in Live?

Caledon Ken, Aug 27, 2017
  10. Adela Win User
    It's good to know where headers are in TBird. I did find find them and it showed "normal". But as you say, if the messages get sent out then no problem. BTW, I did check all settings in both email programs and they were correct which is why I was so puzzled. Thanks.

Adela, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WLMail error message: misspelled "smtp"..... - Similar Threads - WLMail error message

2. Command Prompt pops up called "." and has a SMTP server error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt pops up called "." and has a SMTP server error message: This just started happening the other day and can not figure out where it is coming from. Randomly pops up about every 30 minutes or so. Would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of it. I don't know what a SMTP server is or how to disable it....
  3. Command Prompt pops up called "." and has a SMTP server error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt pops up called "." and has a SMTP server error message: This just started happening the other day and can not figure out where it is coming from. Randomly pops up about every 30 minutes or so. Would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of it. I don't know what a SMTP server is or how to disable it....
  4. Command Prompt pops up called "." and has a SMTP server error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SMTP authentication

in Browsers and Email
    SMTP authentication: I have several gmail accounts set up and use Chrome browser. This is usually OK but I have just tried to send an email from one of my accounts which was returned saying the remote server is misconfigured. See the technical details below for more information. 50 Please turn...
  6. SMTP server issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMTP server issues: I recently rebooted my DVR at home as it was having some technical issues, however now that I have done that it wont let me sign back in for the email alerts for the motion detectors, it will constantly say I have the username and password wrong however I know they are...
  7. Misspelled words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Misspelled words: I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I don't know where the problem originates from, Windows, Microsoft, Edge, etc. I first noticed this with using Goggle Chrome...
  8. misspelled name

in Windows 10 Customization
    misspelled name: Windows 10 pro installed with misspelled name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/misspelled-name/659b157f-0f03-4da4-a1ec-8d4b366726dd
  9. SMTP server Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SMTP server Configuration: Please, I can't find SMTP server Feature in my Windows 10. How can I install SMTP server in Window 10? I do not need Third Party SMTP that I have to pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smtp-server-configuration/3548a817-ff29-4343-8f60-c930242654b2
  10. Clicking links in WLMail messages gives a 'Server execution failed' er

in Browsers and Email
    Clicking links in WLMail messages gives a 'Server execution failed' er: Couldn't fit it all in 'Title', so just to clarify - Since upgrading to Windows 10, clicking on a link in a WLM 2012 message results in a 'Server execution failed' error message (after about 15 seconds of nothing happening!). Above the error message in the box is the URL...