Windows 10: WM ware and WIN10 home

Discus and support WM ware and WIN10 home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey I use VMware workstation but earlier this year one windows update prevented use it because AMD-V is not on. But I cant turn it on so I cant use VM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jounirj, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Jounirj Win User

WM ware and WIN10 home

Hey

I use VMware workstation but earlier this year one windows update prevented use it because AMD-V is not on. But I cant turn it on so I cant use VM ware anymore or any virtualbox

How I can fix this.

Error while powering on: This host supports AMD-V, but AMD-V is disabled.

AMD-V might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

1 Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable AMD-V.

2 Power-cycle the host if this BIOS/firmware setting has been changed.

3 Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

4 Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

This host does not support "AMD RVI" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.

Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

:)

Jounirj, Jun 4, 2020

2. Assign drive letter to WM phone

I dont think you can do what you are trying to do.

The mobile device has control of the installed SD card. You access the SD card from WM.

If you want to put something on to the SD card with WITHOUT using the sync softare, but just drag and drop, you need to remove the SD from the phone, plug it into the PC with a SD card slot, drag and drop, then move the SD back to the card.

If you want to "INSTALL" something onto the WM device, then you need to run a special installer ON THE WM. You cant install from the PC "to" the "SD: drive" directly. Where do you think that would put all the registry settings? In your PC windows registry and not on the WM device! That's why there are special installer files to execute in Windows that use ActiveSync to install onto the WM.

Remember, you cant have two devices competing to use the card at the same time. So if you just want to drag and drop mp3 files... it sounds trivial... but WHO has control of the filesystem? Windows or Windows(mobile)? See. Conflict.

May I politely suggest you RTFM!?!

lemonadesoda, Jun 4, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

WM ware and WIN10 home

Assign drive letter to WM phone

Hey all.

So I've got an HTC Touch Dual. It's a pretty good phone, running WM 6, and I've bouch a 4GB microSD card. When I connect the phone to the computer the WM Device Center pops up.

Now what I need to do is basicly assign the phone a drive letter. Some PDA programs I want to install (from a CD) need that, and in WinXP it had a drive letter, but in Win7 the phone just shows as a "HTC Touch Dual". Wich means I cannot install that program to it, because I need a drive letter.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks for looking! *Smile WM ware and WIN10 home :)

EDIT: Oh, and copy the files directly to the phone doesnt work, there are no install files for the PDA itself.

Frick, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

WM ware and WIN10 home

1. WM ware and WIN10 home - Similar Threads - ware WIN10 home

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  6. HELPPPP ransom ware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELPPPP ransom ware: Please help anyone know what this is? or what ransom ware this is called? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helpppp-ransom-ware/e4eb6941-3589-4091-9769-9a914feba018"
  7. RANSOM WARE

RANSOM WARE: I got this today after installing a note pad. Any direction would be appreciated All your files are Encrypted! For data recovery needs decryptor. How to buy decryptor: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 1....
  8. Ransom Ware

Ransom Ware: I have a family member with a pc running MSW 10. She turned the pc on today and you hear a voice claming his from Microsoft and so as to save the internet you must contact him at a phone number with a credit card. Turning the pc off dos not fix it. HELP!...
  9. Scam Ware

Scam Ware: I have an unwanted file on my computer from a Scam. It is called Antimalware Service Executable. How can I remove it? I tried Microsoft's Malicious malware remover and it didn't remove it. I don't want to have to buy another program if I don't have to. It pops up occasionally...
  10. ransome ware

ransome ware: i have had 2 threatening emails stating they know my password which they give, but not the complete one.they say they have hacked my emails and other files and they want payment in dollars to stop it. should this have been picked up by defender?...