Windows 10: WMA Files

Discus and support WMA Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been with Microsoft O/S's since Basic was a paper tape. All through the DOS Years and into the Windows generations. When the first Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cuaig McCuaig, Oct 8, 2018.

1. WMA Files

I have been with Microsoft O/S's since Basic was a paper tape. All through the DOS Years and into the Windows generations. When the first Windows Media Player became available I took the opportunity to convert all my albums, 8-Tracks, Cassette tapes and eventually CDs to the *.WMA format.

I have now upgraded my systems to Windows 10 and transferred my music collection to the new systems using an external disk that was connected to my old systems. (XP). A lot of the files give an error " Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." when I try to play them. I already know there is an error, it did not play! Windows help is no use at all.

Anyone else out there have this issue...…?

Cheers

Cuaig

PS. There is no category on Windows topics for this issue so I had to pick one to post...…… I feel Microsoft has turned into what IBM was in the 80's which made me go Microsoft instead...….

:)

Cuaig McCuaig, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Pech_096 Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

WMA Files b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Oct 8, 2018
  3. wma files not playing anymore with WMP version 12

I've done the trouble shooting before and did it again just now and again no problem there.

I've also done using headphones before and did it again just now and again wma files NOT playing .

I guess I didn't myself clear. WMA files are NOT playing. MP3 files are OK. MP3 files are playing properly.

TessSantos, Oct 8, 2018
  4. WMA Files

Windows Media Player and WMA files

I have solved my own problem. For those who are/were experiencing the same problem:

• WAV metadata can be changed through WMP. The changes to metadata is stored with the song and album art with the album directory containing the songs.
    • WMA metadata can also be changed through WMP. However, when I moved the files to another device, the album art did not show within my media player app.

To associate album art with WMA albums, use following steps.

1. Download art for album.
    2. Open art file in Paint.
    3. Resize to 75 x 75 pixels and save art as AlbumArtSmall.jpg.
    4. Resize to 200 x 200 pixels and save art as Folder.jpg.
    5. Move these two files to the album directory.

This seems to work. Good luck.

Matt

MatthewArmshaw, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

WMA Files

1. WMA Files - Similar Threads - WMA Files

2. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  3. How do I play wma audio file with drm?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I play wma audio file with drm?: I have tons of files I ripped years ago from my CDs before they were stolen from me. I also have some backup files for the DRMs How can I either get around the DRM blocking the use of these files and or restore the backed up DRM licenses in Windows 10?...
  4. Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files: I have somewhat old WMA files that I got from Napster. I do not see any way to convert to mp3I tired nero recode but it was unable to convert although it recognized.I went to add features and the legacy media player is enabled and its "packs" installed but it was unable to...
  5. Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files

Win 11 23h2 cannot play or convert wma files: I have somewhat old WMA files that I got from Napster. I do not see any way to convert to mp3I tired nero recode but it was unable to convert although it recognized.I went to add features and the legacy media player is enabled and its "packs" installed but it was unable to...
  6. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  7. WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER

WMA file extension in MEDIA PLAYER: I used to be able to play my music files extension WMA and recently, MEDIA PLAYER has stopped supporting the WMA file extensions.Is there anyway that I can get the WMA music files to play?[ couldn't find a category to post this - please move if required ]...
  8. HOW DO I CHANGE WMA MUSIC FILES TO MP3 ORFLAC FILES SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY SAMSUNG PHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I CHANGE WMA MUSIC FILES TO MP3 ORFLAC FILES SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY SAMSUNG PHONE: I NEED TO CHANGE THE MUSIC FILES FROM WMA TO MP3 OR FLAC FILES TO WORK ON MY SAMSUNG S22 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-wma-music-files-to-mp3-orflac/cc368af3-aeb3-43c0-85f6-35fb6be0311c
  9. HOW DO I CHANGE WMA MUSIC FILES TO MP3 ORFLAC FILES SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY SAMSUNG PHONE

HOW DO I CHANGE WMA MUSIC FILES TO MP3 ORFLAC FILES SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM TO MY SAMSUNG PHONE: I NEED TO CHANGE THE MUSIC FILES FROM WMA TO MP3 OR FLAC FILES TO WORK ON MY SAMSUNG S22 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-wma-music-files-to-mp3-orflac/cc368af3-aeb3-43c0-85f6-35fb6be0311c
  10. Why did the morons at Microsoft make the WMA file format?

Why did the morons at Microsoft make the WMA file format?: Why did the morons at Microsoft make the WMA file format?We already had plenty of audio file formats. So the morons at Microsoft make another one so they didn't have to pay for MP3s. Yet another decision by Microsoft aimed at helping itself while annoying their users....