Windows 10: WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater

Discus and support WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to create a GPO that blocks internet access for all PCs on the domain which is running anything earlier than Windows 9600 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Callum Woodward TS, May 11, 2020.

1. WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a GPO that blocks internet access for all PCs on the domain which is running anything earlier than Windows 9600 or version 6.3.9600 to be exact anything less than Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2, and earlier.

I want to block all non-supported versions

I'm trying to use WMI policy filtering to do this via Group Policy I already have the GPO made up which blocks internet access

The query I am using is this:
    SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber < 9600

Now, for example, if I run the below PS command on a Windows 10 Machine:

Get-WmiObject -query "SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber < 9600"

In PowerShell, the PC is returned?

In-turn the GPO is applying to it when shouldn't as the Windows 10 machine is running build 17763?

Why is this? Build 17763 is greater than 9600, so why would the PC return as TRUE within the WMI Group Policy/when querying the WMI Object through Powershell?

**NOTE**

If I use a greater than sign instead of less than, it doesn't return the PC?!

Assistance would be great.

:)

Callum Woodward TS, May 11, 2020
  2. kdot88 Win User

Updates fails (Build 17763)

I've not been receiving updates for a few months now. It keeps failing. I have a 1TB M2 drive Samsung magician reports it as good. Could it be related to my key?

2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667) -Error 0x80070002

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Tried still fails

• net stop bits
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net stop appidsvc
    • net stop cryptsvc
    1. Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
    2. Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

• net start bits
    • net start wuauserv
    • net start appidsvc
    • net start cryptsvc
    • Restarted PC

kdot88, May 11, 2020
  3. lucky_37 Win User
    How to resolve the 'MOF compiler could not connect with the WMI server ' when installing SQL SERVER 2014 ?

Hi ,

This is Sagar

2 weeks back i used both sql server 2014 & visual studio 2015 in my laptop ,due to some problems i was uninstalled visual studio 2015 .After uninstalling visual studio sql server management studio(SSMS)tool was not opened , so i was uninstalled sql server
    also .Now everytime When i want install sql server 2014 , it showed an error message box

WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater ffdb68d4-61c1-4028-b5c4-6ce43dd46ce5?upload=true.png

i was tried many times and many ways eventhough it showed same error message , it also showed some additional error messages

WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater 2cca7554-bd8b-4844-970d-248107056c9d?upload=true.png

At the end of Completion of sql server setup , it showed following summery

Detailed results:

Feature: Management Tools - Complete

Reason for failure: An error occurred for a dependency of the feature causing the setup process for the feature to fail.

Next Step: Use the following information to resolve the error, uninstall this feature, and then run the setup process again.

Component name: SQL Server Common Files

Component error code: 0x84BB0001

Error description: The MOF compiler could not connect with the WMI server. This is either because of a semantic error such as an incompatibility with the existing WMI repository or an actual error such as the failure of the WMI server to start.

Feature: Client Tools Connectivity

Reason for failure: An error occurred for a dependency of the feature causing the setup process for the feature to fail.

Next Step: Use the following information to resolve the error, uninstall this feature, and then run the setup process again.

Error description: The MOF compiler could not connect with the WMI server. This is either because of a semantic error such as an incompatibility with the existing WMI repository or an actual error such as the failure of the WMI server to start.

Feature: Management Tools - Basic

Feature: Reporting Services - Native

Feature: Database Engine Services

Reason for failure: An error occurred during the setup process of the feature.

Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features

Component error code: 0x851A001A

Error description: Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes.

Feature: Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search

Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features

Component error code: 0x851A001A

Error description: Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes.

Feature: Integration Services

Feature: Analysis Services

Component error code: 0x84BB0001 .

Will anyone give solution for this problem .

lucky_37, May 11, 2020
  4. scampsd Win User

WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater

WMI events 5858 on a Windows Server 2016, what to do?

Thanks for your quick reply.

As suggested I created a copy of this question on Technet forum: Technet
    copy

scampsd, May 11, 2020
Thema:

WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater

1. WMI -- Filtering on only Workstations/Servers that are Build 17763 and greater - Similar Threads - WMI Filtering Workstations

2. Windows 10 Workstation Cannot Connect to a Server by Hostname Only By IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Workstation Cannot Connect to a Server by Hostname Only By IP: Hi, I'm having some weird issues following updating a couple of Windows 10 workstations to feature update 20H2 and wondering if anyone can give me some pointers. Network Configuration 2 Windows 2016 servers that are configured as domain controllers and running DNS let's...
  3. W2022 server as Workstation

in Windows 10 Customization
    W2022 server as Workstation: Hi folks managed to get W2022 trial server to be really good as a workstation -- got rid of the various server nag bits like ctrl-delete to logon, change administrator name to local user, get rid of various other bits of server security. (Works also on server 2019 too BTW)...
  4. Bluelight Filter not working build 1903

Bluelight Filter not working build 1903: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 build 1903, I keep having issues with the bluelight filter. When I first start the computer, and log in, the filter doesn't work at all. I have to log off and log back in everytime I turn on my computer. I already tried uninstalling and...
  5. Updates fails (Build 17763)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates fails (Build 17763): I've not been receiving updates for a few months now. It keeps failing. I have a 1TB M2 drive Samsung magician reports it as good. Could it be related to my key? 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4495667) -Error 0x80070002...
  6. Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 update build 17763: Two days ago Windows 10 did a forced update and is currently showing build 17763 in sysinfo. Since then I cannot connect to Bluetooth devices, nor remove a device to try to fix that problem. Windows won't remove the device through the Control Panel, nor if I stop and start...
  7. "Error on printing pdf document" - windows 10 Build 17763

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Error on printing pdf document" - windows 10 Build 17763: Those new laptop's which has windows version 10.0.17763 has problem with printing pdf document those has file size above 1MB. Printing word and excel documents are working fine. After analysis we came to know that spooling of pdf document takes longer time when compared to...
  8. Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763: I have recently upgraded my Win 10 from version 1803 to version 1809. But now, some Microsoft store apps such as Candy Crush, JioSaavn, etc. crash as soon as open them. Even Settings app crash in a few seconds. I tried searching for troubleshooter in control panel but there...
  9. People app crashing in build 17763

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app crashing in build 17763: Since I received the latest 1809 build: 17763, the People app no longer works and crashes upon opening. Anyone else? Guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that fixes it. 122988
  10. Windows 10 WMI Filter for Group Policy

Windows 10 WMI Filter for Group Policy: Hi, I am trying to get the following WMI filter to work but it will not sadly. I want to target all systems below the latest release of Windows 10. Select BuildNumber from Win64_OperatingSystem WHERE BuildNumber >= 10000 AND BuildNumber LIKE...