Windows 10: WMI issue with event id 5858

Discus and support WMI issue with event id 5858 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. I have an issue with the CPU usage and it seems to be connected to WMI. It means that my fan is constantly running and the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terrylcfc, May 1, 2020.

1. Terrylcfc Win User

WMI issue with event id 5858

I have Windows 10. I have an issue with the CPU usage and it seems to be connected to WMI. It means that my fan is constantly running and the machine seems to be always doing something. I have done a bit of research and have identified that the error seems to be caused by Event ID 5858. It keeps showing up as an error on the log.

I'm not very IT savvy so any help would be appreciated

Terry

:)

Terrylcfc, May 1, 2020

2. WMI Activity generates event ID 5858 every 15 seconds

WMI Activity generates event ID 5858 every 15 seconds
    Errors Are related to Intel CIntelWLANEvent, win32_perfformatteddata_perfdisk_physicaldisk CurrentDiskQueueLength, BIOSEvent

Ran dism Sfc Chkdsk all without error.

Turned off WMI performance adapter Service and the errors ceased

At one point it had reconfigured all my apps

I have created a wmi activity evtx file
    Error 11/15/2017 2:18:52 PM WMI-Activity 5858 None

Windows 10 home Fall creators edition Dell 5567

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Thomas Jaeger, May 1, 2020
  3. scampsd Win User
    WMI events 5858 on a Windows Server 2016, what to do?

Thanks for your quick reply.

As suggested I created a copy of this question on Technet forum: Technet
    copy

scampsd, May 1, 2020
  4. angstar Win User

Powershell and WMI Event IDs

Deepika,

there is no issue I'm experiencing. I only need list of event IDs possible for Powershell and WMI on any Windows version.

Thanks!

angstar, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. WMI issue with event id 5858 - Similar Threads - WMI issue event

2. Event ID Error 5858 WMI-Activity associated with laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID Error 5858 WMI-Activity associated with laptop freezes: Hi, I'm hoping you can help me resolve the issue of my laptop spontaneously freezing. It is the most infuriating thing, because it is completely unresponsive - won't even respond to cntrl-alt-delete, waiting up to an hour, or closing the lid. The only way is to do do a hard...
  3. Event ID Error 5858 WMI-Activity associated with laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID Error 5858 WMI-Activity associated with laptop freezes: Hi, I'm hoping you can help me resolve the issue of my laptop spontaneously freezing. It is the most infuriating thing, because it is completely unresponsive - won't even respond to cntrl-alt-delete, waiting up to an hour, or closing the lid. The only way is to do do a hard...
  4. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  5. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer: Hi all,On the 7.7.2022 DD.MM.YY my Reliability Monitor listed an update which was performed "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 2130.1.15.0". I frequently check the Event Viewer for any Errors etc. This time the mentioned Event ID 63 with the Description:"A provider, IntelMEProv,...
  6. WMI Event ID 63 Warning in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Repeated WMI Error 0x80041032 Event 5858 caused by swiservice.exe, cause "Unknown"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated WMI Error 0x80041032 Event 5858 caused by swiservice.exe, cause "Unknown": Hi everyoneI came across this while looking into what's gobbling up CPU power at startup. This is the output from Event Viewer > Applications and Service Logs\Microsoft\Windows\WMI-Activity\Operational:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/OperationalSource:...
  8. Repeated WMI Error 0x80041032 Event 5858 caused by swiservice.exe, cause "Unknown"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated WMI Error 0x80041032 Event 5858 caused by swiservice.exe, cause "Unknown": Hi everyoneI came across this while looking into what's gobbling up CPU power at startup. This is the output from Event Viewer > Applications and Service Logs\Microsoft\Windows\WMI-Activity\Operational:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/OperationalSource:...
  9. Repeated WMI Error 0x80041032 Event 5858 caused by swiservice.exe, cause "Unknown"

10. Windows not shutting down, caused by Event Error 5858 ? (WMI Activity)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not shutting down, caused by Event Error 5858 ? (WMI Activity): Regularly my pc does not shut down, it gets stuck on the blue screen with "Shutting Down" After a while I need to shut down the pc, using the power-button on the case. I already untagged "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)" under Control Panel->All Control Panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. wmi activity error 5858

3. event id 5858

4. windows 10 event id 5858,
  5. what is wmi activity error id 5858,
  6. event id 5858 wmi provider cpu windows 10,
  7. what is windows error id 5858,
  8. wmi error 5858,
  9. wmi event failure 5858,
  10. wmi-activity event id 5858