Windows 10: WMI Issue

Discus and support WMI Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the WMI Control Properties it says, "Failed to connect to <local computer> because 'Interface: Class not registered" I came across this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maydayheat, Jun 11, 2020.

1. WMI Issue

In the WMI Control Properties it says,

"Failed to connect to <local computer> because 'Interface: Class not registered"

I came across this problem when I was trying install Waves Central. The installer told me that there may be a problem with a "corrupted or missing repository" or "not having sufficient privileges to access WMI services". This lead me to finding about about the problem above.

I'm honestly clueless on how to fix this issue because I am not technically proficient and every article I find regarding this issue seems to be from 10 years ago or more, and those articles don't have any solutions.

I hope I was able to come across as clear as possible as I'm just a music producer trying to install Waves Central, I am honestly clueless on these topics. I appreciate any help that I can get.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance WMI Issue :)

submitted by /u/maydayheat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maydayheat, Jun 11, 2020

2. WMI Provider Host - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you the WMI provider host use high CPU of the PC. Usually, WMI Host Provider doesn’t use much usage of the CPU. It will use the CPU when any software or script that asks for some information via WMI. High usage of the
    CPU is just the sign that another software is seeking for some information or requesting any data via WMI.

However, the high usage of the CPU for a long time for WMI is an indication that something is wrong because WMI Provider Host doesn’t occupy the resources of the CPU for a long time.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 1: Restart the WMI Provider Host Service

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run command, then type Services.msc and press the
      Ok.
    2. Scroll down all the services and find
      Windows Management Instrumentation and then Right click on it and select
      Properties.
    3. Set the startup type to Automatic and then restart the service.

Method 2: Restart other WMI provider Host related Services

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt Window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command.
    • net stop iphlpsvc
    • net stop wscsvc
    • net stop Winmgmt
    • net start Winmgmt
    • net start wscsvc
    • net start iphlpsvc
    3. Restart your computer and check if the WMI provider Host having high CPU usage

Method 3: Uninstall the Components and Drivers that causes the Problem

1. Press Windows + XKey and select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Click on the View Button that appears on the top of the Menu and then click on
      Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
    3. On the left pane, navigate to this path Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now Mark or Note down the Item that listed as an
      Error
    4. Now press the Windows Logo Key +
      X
      simultaneously, then select Task Manager.
    5. Now, click on the Service tab and Find the processes with the Matching IDs as seen in
      Event Viewer in the column of PID when You Locate or Find these Process then
      Uninstall or Disable those service.
    6. Restart the PC and check

You may also refer this article and check if that helps to fix the issue:
    High CPU usage by WMIPRVSE.EXE process at regular intervals in Windows

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

WMI Issue

WMI Provider Host Error

Hi,

This issue could be due to system file error.

For us to better isolate the issue, we would like to know some additional information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried booting your computer in Safe mode?

We suggest that you try the solution provided by sbm15 on this
    link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

WMI Issue

1. WMI Issue - Similar Threads - WMI Issue

2. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...
  3. WMI Provider Host CPU 100% issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host CPU 100% issue.: Hi ALL,After some recent Windows Updates I've ran into an issue with WMI Provider Host.From startup I already have 3-4 WMI Provider Host processes running.One of them is spiking every minute or so to 100% CPU, causing the whole PC to freeze for a second.Recently windows has...
  4. WMI Provider Host CPU 100% issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host CPU 100% issue.: Hi ALL,After some recent Windows Updates I've ran into an issue with WMI Provider Host.From startup I already have 3-4 WMI Provider Host processes running.One of them is spiking every minute or so to 100% CPU, causing the whole PC to freeze for a second.Recently windows has...
  5. WMI Provider Host CPU 100% issue.

6. WMI Provider Host Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  7. WMI Provider Host Issue

WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  8. WMI Provider Host Issue

9. WMI issue with event id 5858

WMI issue with event id 5858: I have Windows 10. I have an issue with the CPU usage and it seems to be connected to WMI. It means that my fan is constantly running and the machine seems to be always doing something. I have done a bit of research and have identified that the error seems to be caused by...
  10. Oculus Rift S Installation issue, WMI : System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oculus Rift S Installation issue, WMI : System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class: Hi All, I am installing the Oculus Rift S application on my Acer Nitro laptop with Windows 10 Home. Version 1903, OS 18362.535. I see the following exception. [Debug] [12/22/2019 9:56:29 PM] Initialising Analytics. [Debug] [12/22/2019 9:56:29 PM] Querying machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. waves central wmi