Windows 10: WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

Discus and support WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update. Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KylianJay, May 18, 2019.

1. KylianJay Win User

WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update.
    Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is taking up 10%

All my drivers are updated.

This makes my laptop almost unusable. So i really want some help here.

WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    Kylian Jay

:)

KylianJay, May 18, 2019

2. WMI Provider host CPU usage

Hi Andrew,

To help you with your concern of WMI provider host using more than half of the processor power, you may check out the helpful troubleshooting links we have provided you.

Please see the posts of TWP176 and Shivam Kesarwani by clicking the link below:

WMI Provider Host and constant CPU utilisation.

Please see the post of sbm15 by clicking the next link, for further troubleshooting suggestion.

Solved: WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage and Laptop Overheating) Windows10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 18, 2019
  3. KBranigan Win User
    WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them listed in task manager. I looked online and can't find simple steps as I don't know what some actions are when people speak

KBranigan, May 18, 2019
  4. WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

Andre Da Costa, May 18, 2019
Thema:

WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

1. WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable - Similar Threads - WMI Provider host

2. WMI Provider Host and System Taking Up High CPU %

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host and System Taking Up High CPU %: I'm new to pc troubleshooting so please bear with me :) For the last four months I have been suffering from stutters in my games due to spikes in CPU usage. My computer had been running fine before with no stuttering at all. But now I can't play anything without it stuttering...
  3. WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable: WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update. Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is taking up 10% All my drivers are updated. This makes my laptop almost unusable. So i really want some help here. [img]...
  4. Does WMI Provider Host do anything?

Does WMI Provider Host do anything?: So, this thing called WMI Provider Host has been bugging me ever since I knew what took up 25% of my CPU for absolutely no reason. I've been wanting to uninstall this program ever since I knew that, but I don't know what it does to my computer, because it could be a program...
  5. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...
  6. WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them: WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them listed in task manager. I looked online and can't find simple steps as I don't know what some actions are when people speak...
  7. WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.: What is the use of this program and can I make it use less CPU? I heard people saying that a virus can cause this but thats only when idle.. (it only uses around 2.2% on idle) when I fire up a game it jumps up to around 14-30% usage. 25788
  8. Repeated WMI Provider Host Application Error 1000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated WMI Provider Host Application Error 1000: Hi -about two weeks after starting to use a new pc I started to get regular (1 or 2 a day) WMI Provider Host Application Errors. It does not seem to have an impact on my using the computer (so far). Most online references to this error are in the context of it consuming a...
  9. WMI Provider Host

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMI Provider Host: Why is this process taking up 4-7% of my CPU? I know what is does, but is it normal for it to use that much power (%)? This has not been a problem before. Only a few weeks ago, it was only on 1% or less. Will disabling this process do any harm to my system? 83129
  10. "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage: even with the new update "WMI Provider Host" process is consuming high % of the cpu. is there any possibility to resolve this problem?! serached on internet and it's quite common thanks 29842