Windows 10: WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

Discus and support WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU. I can resolve by re-starting 'Windows management inst', but that's a real hassle. From the Event viewer I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyPuffer, Jul 14, 2020.

1. WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU. I can resolve by re-starting 'Windows management inst', but that's a real hassle. From the Event viewer I get the following - any help for a novice to fix would be appreciated:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity
    Date: 14/07/2020 20:29:20
    Event ID: 5858
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-FJ85SMC
    Description:
    Id = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = DESKTOP-FJ85SMC; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 9212; Component = Unknown; Operation = Start IWbemServices::CreateInstanceEnum - root\wmi : MSiSCSI_PortalInfoClass; ResultCode = 0x8004100C; PossibleCause = Unknown
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity" Guid="{1418ef04-b0b4-4623-bf7e-d74ab47bbdaa}" />
    <EventID>5858</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-14T19:29:20.814613800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6195</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="8608" ThreadID="17568" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Activity/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-FJ85SMC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <UserData>
    <Operation_ClientFailure xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2006/windows/WMI">
    <Id>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}</Id>
    <ClientMachine>DESKTOP-FJ85SMC</ClientMachine>
    <User>NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM</User>
    <ClientProcessId>9212</ClientProcessId>
    <Component>Unknown</Component>
    <Operation>Start IWbemServices::CreateInstanceEnum - root\wmi : MSiSCSI_PortalInfoClass</Operation>
    <ResultCode>0x8004100c</ResultCode>
    <PossibleCause>Unknown</PossibleCause>
    </Operation_ClientFailure>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

:)

TonyPuffer, Jul 14, 2020
  2. KylianJay Win User

WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update.
    Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is taking up 10%

All my drivers are updated.

This makes my laptop almost unusable. So i really want some help here.

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    Kylian Jay

KylianJay, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 14, 2020
  4. AaronUr Win User

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

WMI Host Provider Regularly Using Up CPU

Thanks Andre!! This solved my WMI Host problem. My CPU went back again to 2, 3 o 4% when idle and the Temperature of my CPU and Cores was reduced to Normal levels 45 to 52 degrees C. Thanks again.... Aaron...

AaronUr, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

1. WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU - Similar Threads - WMI provider host

2. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wmi provider host cpu usage: hey im at work as an it-support student here in RAL and some of our workers having some issues with their pc of the cpu usage is 100% and frozin tried look through what was the problem was and saw a our anti virus is makin some stuff but we cant put finger on what is and...
  3. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wmi provider host cpu usage: hey im at work as an it-support student here in RAL and some of our workers having some issues with their pc of the cpu usage is 100% and frozin tried look through what was the problem was and saw a our anti virus is makin some stuff but we cant put finger on what is and...
  4. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  6. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  7. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable: WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update. Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is taking up 10% All my drivers are updated. This makes my laptop almost unusable. So i really want some help here. [img]...
  9. WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    WMI Provider host taking up 60% CPU, computer almost unusable: WMI Provider Host is taking up around 60% of my CPU since the last 1903 update. Additionally the service host windows management instrumentation is taking up 10% All my drivers are updated. This makes my laptop almost unusable. So i really want some help here. [img]...
  10. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...