Windows 10: WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name

Discus and support WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; wmic /node:localhost /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 path AntiVirusProduct Get DisplayName findstr /V /B /C:displayName When i use this command, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kirill-21, Mar 28, 2021.

1. kirill-21 Win User

WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name

[COLOR=rgba171, 178, 191, 1]
    [COLOR=rgba152, 195, 121, 1]wmic /node:localhost /namespace:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba86, 182, 194, 1]\\[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba152, 195, 121, 1]root\SecurityCenter2 path AntiVirusProduct Get DisplayName findstr /V /B /C:displayName[/COLOR][/COLOR]

When i use this command, it yields a name of an antivirus, which was deleted from the system and is no longer available It detects Kaspersky antivirus. I've restarted PC a several times but that did not help me. What's wrong?

:)

kirill-21, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Samoreen Win User

WMI report inconsistent

[running Windows 10 Creators]

Hi,

While investigating the "Error while updating ESET NOD32 Antivirus status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON." problem, I discovered something rather strange...

If I go to Security and Maintenance, the system reports that ESET NOD32 is turned on. However, if I use WMIC to list the installed security products this way :

wmic /namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 path AntiVirusProduct get * /value

the result is : No Instance(s) available.

This is inconsistent. Or Windows doesn't use WMI in the Security Center to retrieve the installed antivirus apps. Did I miss something ?

Samoreen, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Neemobeer Win User
    WMI report inconsistent

When a security suite properly registers with WSC (Windows Security Center) it should have an entry in WMI. Here is the powershell version which should work
    Get-WmiObject -Namespace root\SecurityCenter2 -Query 'select * from AntivirusProduct'

Neemobeer, Mar 28, 2021
  4. WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name

Output of WMI API doesn't reflect after changing local group policy setting for AV update

We execute WMI API "Get-Wmiobject -ComputerName xxxxx -nameSpace root/SecurityCenter2 -Class AntiVirusProduct" to get product state of antivirus product, through which we understand statement of health details.

We also see this option specific to windows 8.1/10 called "Define the number of days before antivirus definitions are considered out of date" if we navigate to "Start->gpedit.msc->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows
    Defender->Signature Updates". By changing the configuration of this option we expect change in product state output. But we don't see any impact on WMI product state values.

Can you please share what's the significance of this option and if it has any impact on WMI API product state values?

Thanks advance for your help.

KAJAL KANTIRAY, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name

1. WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct shows a deleted antivirus name - Similar Threads - WMI SecurityCenter2 AntiVirusProduct

2. Warning WMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Warning WMI: Windows Log>Application:- Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.1635, time stamp: 0xa4159e29Faulting module name: Taskbar.View.dll, version: 623.7503.10.0, time stamp: 0x6430830cException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x0000000000043329Faulting process...
  3. Error WMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error WMI: I get this error "A provider, IntelMEProv, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\Intel_ME to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate...
  4. Using WMI to remove software with wildcard or variable names?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using WMI to remove software with wildcard or variable names?: Hello all – We have multiple versions of teamviewer softwareon multiple PCs. I need to get rid of them all about 1500 installs and using WMI commands is a goodbet it seems like. I don’t want tocreate long scripts with MSI Product code uninstall strings and what not. On our...
  5. names not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    names not showing: Task manager and my pc not showing names of programs, in windows 10.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/names-not-showing/344d2988-27fe-48f8-a820-43e2f5e600bf
  6. Antivirus deletion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus deletion: Sir how to delete SysWOW64/msi.dll from my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-deletion/461c37d1-1ae2-4096-a37c-485292e25b4e
  7. A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A virus deleted my antivirus somehow: A couple days ago a shortcut disappeared from my desktop. I didn't pay much attention to it until today when I realized it was the shortcut for AVG. I tried to open AVG and looked for the install folder and it seems that AVG was uninstalled from my computer somehow. Immediate...
  8. WMI Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Issue: In the WMI Control Properties it says, "Failed to connect to <local computer> because 'Interface: Class not registered" I came across this problem when I was trying install Waves Central. The installer told me that there may be a problem with a "corrupted or missing...
  9. I deleted antivirus accidentally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I deleted antivirus accidentally: I happened to delete the Windows 10 antivirus. Can I retrieve it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-antivirus-accidentally/60ecd4b7-1db5-408a-a94c-7b1ccc923142
  10. Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete a COMODO Antivirus driver: I was using IceDragon as an alternate browser for Firefox when, without my authorization, IceDragon updated itself and installed COMODO antivirus. As I am running Norton Security, I didn't want COMODO running, too. Trying to uninstall the program through the normal control...