Windows 10: WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?

Discus and support WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] I don't know if I am being paranoid or what. But ever since installing Windows 10 I have observed this behaviour. WmiPrvSE.exe is taking in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 26, 2019.

1. WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?

WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal? [​IMG]

I don't know if I am being paranoid or what. But ever since installing Windows 10 I have observed this behaviour. WmiPrvSE.exe is taking in excess of over 20MB RAM in task manager. I am also seeing double of these instances running in task manager.

May I know whether this is normal? I don't experience this when I try using Microsoft Edge. But on Google Chrome the RAM is going in excess of 20MB.

I think I noticed this in Home version as well as the Pro version. But in Home I felt that this actually disappeared after some time. But in Pro version this WmiPrvSE.exe does not disappear!

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 26, 2019
  2. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

avilerner, Apr 26, 2019
  3. GBCrosby Win User
    System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Apr 26, 2019
  4. WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?

1. WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal? - Similar Threads - WmiPrvSE exe using

2. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  3. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  4. high memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  5. high memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  6. high memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. conhost.exe using a high memory

conhost.exe using a high memory: hi, can i ask what happen to my conhost.exe? suddenly its keep using 2.5gb my memory in resource monitorand when i monitoring on network tab.. its connect to something called member.linode.com idk what is this, never useanyone can help? trying scan with windows defender.. not...
  8. Always Using A High Amount Of Memory

Always Using A High Amount Of Memory: Hello,Recently, my computer has been using 80%+ memory all the time, from start-up to shutdown.I'm not 100% sure why though.I have 16 GB of RAM installed. I don't have many applications running on start-up either. I do not have any malware/viruses/etc.I have attached a photo...
  9. Antimalware using high memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware using high memory: The antimalware is using like 40% and 6.5 ram used, can’t find out if it’s doing a full scan and the last scan was like 7 days ago but the scan was only like 5 mins but I’ve been waiting for like 4 hours and no change what’s so ever. Oh and it’s using 1,564.9 MB on the memory...
  10. High Memory usage when using Utorrent

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory usage when using Utorrent: When I am using Utorrent my RAM usage grows from around 20% to nearly 100% over a few hours and can eventually freeze the PC. This seems to have started happening from the last Preview releases until now. Windows defender and Malwarebytes could be part of the problem. When...
Tags: