Windows 10: Wmiprvse.exe

Discus and support Wmiprvse.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Keep getting controlled folder access block: wmiprvse.exe being blocked over and over. It is supposed to be a necessary function of windows 10.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Les123_943, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Wmiprvse.exe

Keep getting controlled folder access block: wmiprvse.exe

being blocked over and over.

It is supposed to be a necessary function of windows 10.

But there is possibility that it is a virus.

Why doesn't windows defender search for false virus versions of wmiprvse.exe

and remove them?

For the user doesn't know if that version of wmiprvse.exe is a legitimate version

or a virus.

:)

Les123_943, Aug 29, 2019
  2. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

avilerner, Aug 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    controlled file access and wmiprvse

Hi Avi

wmiprvse is totally safe and you can allow that through Controlled folder access

wmiprvse is the Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service and is an integral part of the Windows OS

The full legit path of that service is:

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiPrvSE.ex

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Wmiprvse.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Wmiprvse.exe

1. Wmiprvse.exe - Similar Threads - Wmiprvse exe

2. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  3. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  4. "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The system cannot find the drive specified." uninst.000.exe missing: I can see a dark souls 3 program taking space in my programs list but when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller is missing. When i try to find file path its in a drive that is not in my pc. how do i fix this and remove the program? i had to abruptly end the installation...
  5. Wmiprvse causing occasional 100% CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wmiprvse causing occasional 100% CPU usage?: There seems to be a lot of info out there about this, but none of the scenarios seem to be a good match for what I'm experiencing, and the solutions all smack of "ensure the power cable is plugged in." So here's my situation. Pretty much since the very first day I installed...
  6. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u9rb6s0p36m41.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=86842833ec848100cd3f1e238505b446aa4613d2 i got this notifications today, i think it's related to the latest win10 update, i have allowed it now but maybe it's going to break things if it...
  7. WmiPrvSE high CPU Usage. Netsvcs thread calls Provider::CreateInstanceEnum - CIMWin32 :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WmiPrvSE high CPU Usage. Netsvcs thread calls Provider::CreateInstanceEnum - CIMWin32 :...: I have noticed that my computer is always busy -- looking at the task manager, I found that WmiPrvSE is persistently pulling about 7%-8% CPU load on a 6-core machine(!). By running Event Viewer and enabling trace logging, I found that WMI-Activity shows repeated entries for...
  8. Clean install and Defender immediately starts blocking WmiPrvSe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean install and Defender immediately starts blocking WmiPrvSe: FeelsBadMan … Why does WmiPrvSE get blocked for making changes to memory when I just wiped my harddrive, downloaded a new updated Windows image and completly started from scratch? Eventlog reports about 10 min after the installation: 63 errors 172 warnings 8 fails...
  9. controlled file access and wmiprvse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled file access and wmiprvse: I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change. Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files? Should I allow it to do so? What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it...
  10. WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WmiPrvSe ext hdd activity: I have an external HDD and from what I can see in the task manager, it is constantly being read or used by some process. I ran Process Monitor and filtered it down the the drive letter and I see that the process wmiprvse is the only process there. I did some research on it...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is C:\Windows wm:PrvSE.exe

2. controlled folder access blocked c:\windows...\iwmiprvse.exe

3. wmiprvse Protected Memory Access Blocked