Windows 10: WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

Discus and support WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/u9rb6s0p36m41.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=86842833ec848100cd3f1e238505b446aa4613d2 i got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WearyVersion, Mar 12, 2020.

1. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

/u/WearyVersion, Mar 12, 2020
  2. avilerner Win User

controlled file access and wmiprvse

I am Windows 10 and I have controlled file access activated. I keep getting messages that wmiprvse.exe is being blocked for memory change.

Does wmiprvse normally change storage or files?

Should I allow it to do so?

What is the full , legitimate path to the exe to allow it to update?

What happens if I continue to block it?

Thank You,

Avi Lerner

avilerner, Mar 12, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    controlled file access and wmiprvse

Hi Avi

wmiprvse is totally safe and you can allow that through Controlled folder access

wmiprvse is the Windows Management Instrumentation Provider Service and is an integral part of the Windows OS

The full legit path of that service is:

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiPrvSE.ex

DaveM121, Mar 12, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update?

1. WmiPrvSE protected memory access block? Win10 update? - Similar Threads - WmiPrvSE protected memory

2. Protected Memory Access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Memory Access blocked: Hey, Am I safe?Are they Infected files that are found by windows defender?Are they infected files?I scanned using Malwarebytes and no threats found.Thank you....
  3. Protected memory access blocked relpost.exe and svchost.exe

Protected memory access blocked relpost.exe and svchost.exe: I have been getting these messages lately: 1 Protected memory access blocked RelPost.exe from accessing \Device\HarddiskVolume1 and 2 Protected memory access blocked svchost.exe from accessing \Device\CdRom0.The second message probably is due to the installation of my printer...
  4. New: Everyday protected memory access blocked

New: Everyday protected memory access blocked: I use Windows Defender as my anti-virus. A couple days ago I started getting these notifications of Protected memory access blocked. After searching the block history, all of the apps or processes being blocked are trusted and necessary for smooth operation.My Questions:1-...
  5. Protected memory Access Blocked

Protected memory Access Blocked: I am receiving any 15 minutes the following notification at the minute 59 each hour I received 2 notifications instead : Protected memory Access Blocked LowAny help please?...
  6. taskhostw.exe Protected memory access blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taskhostw.exe Protected memory access blocked: Hi, I have seen the other posts where the answerer tells the poster to disable CFA or to allow this particular program. However, I don't think these are good answers because:Disabling CFA as a whole will leave the system vulnerable to other actual attacksGetting people into...
  7. Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.

Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.: I get these notifications all day, every day - started in September - a few a month. Then on Dec. 5th, through now - all day, erryday! What is REALLY goin' on community?...
  8. Protected Memory Access Blocked SSDUpdate.exe

Protected Memory Access Blocked SSDUpdate.exe: Hi all, For the past couple of months, I keep getting a warning in Windows Security that a program called SSDUpdate.exe has been blocked. Going to "Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access", I find this: SSDUpdate.exe...
  9. Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe

Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe: Hi, hope someone can help with this please. I am getting the message seen in subject title multiple times a day, can be as much as 30 or 40 times. Have seen previous threads and replies, with some suggesting turning off protected folder restriction etc. Not sure that is the...
  10. Protected memory access blocked/

Protected memory access blocked/: Multiple times a day I'm getting the message. Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder blocked C:/...DDVDataCollector from making changes to memory I've run a full scan in windows security, that showed no issues. How can I stop these messages appearing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. protected memory access blocked