Windows 10: WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

Discus and support WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125 and WMP 12.0.16299.64. I've noticed recently Windows Media Player 12 is unable to detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pcraine, Dec 24, 2017.

1. pcraine Win User

WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125 and WMP 12.0.16299.64.

I've noticed recently Windows Media Player 12 is unable to detect the title, track names, or album art of newer audio CDs. When I do "Find album info" it doesn't find them either. A couple of examples are "Reputation" by Taylor Swift and "Younger Now" by Miley Cyrus, both of which came out in 2017. You can search for either artist and it comes up with other CDs, but not these new ones. (It's searching at fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com.)

Another CD I recently bought is "Music From The Films of Woody Allen," a CD I have not yet ripped, and it DOES correctly detect this, but I think this one came out in 2013; it's not a newer CD like the others.

I've seen a solution that suggests to check for a bad entry in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, but it looks like the default file, everything is commented out.

I'd previously used the Zune app, which I love, to listen to and rip CDs, but it's having the same problem.

It's a pain in the neck to manually enter CD information. Does anyone know if newer CDs are no longer getting into the database? Is there some fix for this? I'd also consider some other software to use to listen to and rip CDs if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks.

:)

pcraine, Dec 24, 2017
  2. dsmodi Win User

Ripping a CD but info not coming across

I try to copy an audio cd onto my n95 8gb using nokia music manager, or try to transfer using pc suite but the information doesn't come across...i.e. title of track, composer, artist etc. Album art also doesn't come across.

I can do it using windows media player, but again album art doesn't come across and sometimes, it seems to leave out the details of the last track on the cd. Also, this doesn't transfer using the conversion such as aac that i like.

Isn't there a simple way to just copy the cd, with album art and all other info, from the cd to the phone?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

dsmodi, Dec 24, 2017
  3. Downloading music to N97 Mini v.slow

Hi, all I do is check music on WMP by using find album info, let it do its stuff, then just drag and drop the album onto the hard drive on phone, every track has Album title, track title, artist, composer, year, and album art, Takes anout two minutes to
    transfer something like Now 73 !

Easiest way for me, and I've got about 2500 tracks on my phone.

Good Luck

carman58---01, Dec 24, 2017
  4. WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

I had the same issue with Eminem's "Revival" when I tried to get its info. Since you're on Windows 10 you should have a program called Groove Music accessible from the Start Menu. Despite an obvious nudge to get Spotify (I'd guess it is the source of the info), Groove Music was able to update the album info with no fuss.

SchwinnTropius, Jan 6, 2018
  5. pcraine Win User
    The problem with that is Groove doesn't rip or even play CDs. What a pain in the neck. So I'm supposed to use one program (WMP or Zune) to rip the CD with no information, then use another program to update its information? How convenient.

How can Groove not rip or play CDs? That just stinks.

pcraine, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art

1. WMP 12 does not detect recent audio CD title, track names, album art - Similar Threads - WMP does detect

2. Track Names and Album Info missing when I play a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track Names and Album Info missing when I play a CD: I am trying to use Media Player in WIN11 to play a CD. When I put in a factory CD the song titles and other CD information do not display. It just show Track 1, Track 2,.... How can I make it pull in the album name, song names and album art?...
  3. Track Names and Album Info missing when I play a CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Track Names and Album Info missing when I play a CD: I am trying to use Media Player in WIN11 to play a CD. When I put in a factory CD the song titles and other CD information do not display. It just show Track 1, Track 2,.... How can I make it pull in the album name, song names and album art?...
  4. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  5. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  6. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Missing album aer in WMP 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing album aer in WMP 12: I accidentally clicked the icon in the right corner and the art on the album playing disappeared, i tried every album and it's the same, the art is still there wwhen i look at the right side details, but not in compact mode, this is weird, can someone help me out here please?...
  8. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing: I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down where it used to be. It appears Microsoft has removed that feature. What gives???...
  9. Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp: album art has mostly disappeared after this update. An issue multiple win 10 machines. Uninstalling update, along with resetting wmp library brings back the album art. However once update re-installs itself, problem comes back. Microsoft needs a fix on this...
  10. Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.

Audio CD track titles not shown on all music player.: This is a screen of PowerDVD 17. Please help, thank you! [img] 90737

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player 12 does not find albums in windows

2. wmp does not recognize cd track names