Windows 10: WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

Discus and support WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArnoldGregg, Oct 24, 2019.

1. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down where it used to be. It appears Microsoft has removed that feature. What gives???

:)

ArnoldGregg, Oct 24, 2019
  2. P-V
    P-V Win User

WMP 12 Album art

I am using WMP12 in W10 on a Surface Pro 2. Since moving from WMP 10 to 12 some of my album art has disappeared, even though they are still there on the MP3 tag editor. Has anyone any ideas?

3. Some albums and most album art not appearing

(Using WMP11, I ripped lots of CDs to MP3 on my Win XP PC, and synched them to my Lumia 520's SD card.)

On my phone, many of the albums didn't appear in the Albums list, and only about one third show the album art. All of the individual songs appeared in the Songs list, however.

I edited the album details on the PC for the missing ones then resynched the phone and that added the albums and added album art for a few, but still the great majority of album art doesn't show up. Also, a few albums now appear as multiple entries with,
    say, a 12 track album appearing as 12 individual albums, none with artwork, but all of which contain only the same single track - the first track of the real album. If I look instead for that artist's songs, all of the tracks appear normally.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Martin 520, Oct 24, 2019
  4. froschy Win User

WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

N97 Album Art.

I think WMP stores the album art in the folder with the music files but does not embed the album art in the actual file. iTunes does something similar but stores the album art in a database instead of in a flat file structure.

Just to make it clear, the problem is that the album art is not embedded in the music files.

There are several things that you can do:

• Load the album art onto the phone as images and link these to each album (not ideal as it requires quite a bit of work and the images need to remain on the phone and in the same location)
    • Google "embed album art mp3" and download an application that can embed the album art.
    • Import your music into iTunes, add the album art, and the convert to AAC (iTunes Plus) format which embeds the album art.
    Hope this helps!

froschy, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

1. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing - Similar Threads - WMP paste album

2. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  3. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  4. Paste album art missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paste album art missing: Windows Media Player Windows 10 12.0.19041.1387 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-missing/a923a4ca-8d9b-4cbc-85af-7a3c6c52f981
  5. Paste album art missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste album art missing: I am currently unable to paste album art to albums on Windows Media Player. The option was there, then overnight wasn't. I am running Windows 10 and my media player version is 12.0.19041.1387. I have uninstalled the media player then reinstalled to no avail. Can anybody help?...
  6. Paste album art missing

Paste album art missing: I am currently unable to paste album art to albums on Windows Media Player. The option was there, then overnight wasn't. I am running Windows 10 and my media player version is 12.0.19041.1387. I have uninstalled the media player then reinstalled to no avail. Can anybody help?...
  7. Paste album art missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Missing album aer in WMP 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing album aer in WMP 12: I accidentally clicked the icon in the right corner and the art on the album playing disappeared, i tried every album and it's the same, the art is still there wwhen i look at the right side details, but not in compact mode, this is weird, can someone help me out here please?...
  9. Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork"

Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork": Win 10 WMP 12 was working Ok until about a week ago (Sep 20, 2019) when the "paste album artwork" disappeared. I've tried the recommended sequence to restore it on the menu, but luck. Please help....
  10. WMP 12 'missing'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WMP 12 'missing': I may have inadvertently binned WMP! The folder is there in Program Files with some items but not winplayer.exe. I've looked in windowsfeatures and it just has a folder Media Features (ticked) but nothing else....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmp12 album art to tags

2. paste album art missing in windows 10 media player