Windows 10: WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

Discus and support WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phamthanhnhan, Aug 15, 2015.

1. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

I don't know why but this is happen to my PC, seem like WMP and Edge can't not play mp3 and mp4 as normal, it just lag, but they can play both flv and vob very well. How can I fix it ?

:)

phamthanhnhan, Aug 15, 2015

2. Send a video to another phone

Hi randallfreshwater

Phones come in all shape and sizes and capabilities

Your 930 is a flagship phone

The majority of all phones are capable of viewing any image (jpeg) and playing recorded music MP3

The MP3 format is one of the formats used to play / record SOUND

The MP4 format is one of the formats used to play / record
    VIDEO

It sound like the recipient phone is NOT able to play MP4 video but is able to view picture

High end phones have more decoders that enable them to hear sounds or watch video
    recorded on another device, and/or device type,
    without those decoders installed they can't

As this does not sould like error in sending or recieving a file ( I could be wrong) the issue could be the recipients phone?

There is no way around it and the only way is to download for them to download the video to a PC and watch it using multi decoder software eg WMP (if it is the phone)

Francis 96, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows Media Player cannot find the file

For file formats that can't be played by WMP and also to play DVD's in Windows 10 what works best is to install free

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework

During install it will pick up all formats WMP can't play and make itself the default for those. You can also open it to play any other files, or to play DVD's since Windows 10 doesn't have a DVD player and wants you to buy one (or not).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video

1. WMP and Edge can't play popular format type of sound and video - Similar Threads - WMP Edge can't

2. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  3. Can't play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...
  4. WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos

WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos: Hey, So i am using an AMD wx5100 GPU and have used simialr cards in previous builds. But when viewimg video in WMP or VLC, i get a lil hang and then these red diagonal lines. I havent seem to be able to find amything on it, just the vertical line. GPU is not on demo mode...
  5. WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files: Hello all, Tried searching but couldn't find similar posts. WMP in Windows 10 will play audio but no video for all WMV files. It just started 1-2 weeks ago. I actually did a clean install and downloaded some codec packages to no avail. Anyone have similar issue or know a...
  6. BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP

BT Speaker paired, connected but not playing sounds in videos in VLC nor WMP: I had some fake AirPods that after a lot of messing around connected perfectly. I have now bought a BT Speaker that pairs, connects but does not play sounds from VLC nor Windows Media Player. Like the fake AirPods it seems to have two devices a A Headset - BT SPEAKER...
  7. Can't play anymore videos on prime video with the new Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play anymore videos on prime video with the new Chromium Edge: Always with this error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-anymore-videos-on-prime-video-with-the/5aa06ae4-29f9-4098-96ad-8eeb14dba087
  8. Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP

Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP: When playing a movie with a foreign language without embedded subtitles, it is impossible to add the SRT. file on WMP so that the movie with the subtitles can be seen. In order to rectify this problem, I searched Google and found there was an app call WmpSub (Local Subtitles...
  9. Can't type in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can't type in Edge: Having trouble with my Chrome browser, so I uninstalled it and opened Edge to download installer to reinstall and I can't type in Edge. Everything seems to work fine. I can click on any link and it will open right up but I can not type in the address bar or search box. 106315
  10. Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't play media file by WMP and Edge: Today I've just upgrade my PC to Windows 10, everything is alright except when I play media files(.mp3, mp4, wav,.....) by Windows Media Player, it starts to run slowly, and the sound is quite bad, I almost can't hear the sound, and the video is super lag, like watch video in...