Windows 10: WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

Discus and support WMP "Apply media changes" will not run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the latest 1809 updates, I cannot get "Apply media changes" to run on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Over the last two days, I've tried to run it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimField, Feb 2, 2019.

1. TimField Win User

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

Since the latest 1809 updates, I cannot get "Apply media changes" to run on my Windows 10 desktop PC. Over the last two days, I've tried to run it three different times after restarts and after disabling OneDrive to no avail.

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run 5a33a7cb-f208-4a61-b9d8-565629b93599?upload=true.png

Usually it just stays like this. For hours. Nothing happens. The second time I tried to run it however, this message appeared but there was still no progress after an hour and a half:

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run 17efc244-e881-46a0-ba36-0e1da2ea10c5?upload=true.png

What does it mean by "Server is busy, retrying?" I thought OneDrive might be the problem, but disabling it and restarting made no difference.

Here are screensnips from my attempt to run the process this morning. At 6:52 am after it had been running for an hour.

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run 9901f425-d9e9-4e01-99be-9c6e8afe3015?upload=true.png

At 8:14 am, still no progress:

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run 397497de-9b2c-4707-8005-a573ac924ced?upload=true.png

I'm also wondering what WMP is doing mucking around in my Pictures folder. I have over 66,000 pictures (almost all jpgs) and over 23,000 mp3 files. Is that a problem for this process in WMP? Is this problem related to OneDrive?

Screensnips of info from my PC:

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run d33a2911-e4b4-4bf0-a8d4-df9aa3b9ddab?upload=true.png

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run 21852820-9b37-4c7a-9d6c-a54f00d43b51?upload=true.png

:)

TimField, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run [​IMG]

Bree, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 2, 2019
  4. WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

Inserting Media interrupts Windows Media Player playback (Win10)

It's not happening on my PC. You could have called MS for this before.

I suggest running the troubleshooter:

• search for Troubleshooting in start.
    • Click view all\
    • Run the 3 troubleshooter for Media Player. (WMP DVD WMP Libarary WMP Settings)

Hope that helps

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

WMP "Apply media changes" will not run

1. WMP "Apply media changes" will not run - Similar Threads - WMP Apply media

2. WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP: Is there an WMP update i can try as I keep getting a "not responding" sign. Thanks Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp/62044689-8767-49f0-ab7f-f75a31a17ff5
  3. Photos changed into WMP files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos changed into WMP files!: All the photos on my desktop PC Windows 10 have converted themselves to Windows Media Player files and now i can't access them as images.No idea how this could have happened - how do i convert them all back to images?Many thanksDarren...
  4. How to force WMP to always apply/display changes to mp3 tag info?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force WMP to always apply/display changes to mp3 tag info?: Does anyone know why Windows Media Player 12 is so stubborn when it comes to updating MP3 tag information, particularly the ratings field? I have my WMP Library options set as shown in the attached file, yet have mp3 files with ratings set months ago from within WMP that...
  5. How to force WMP to always apply/display changes to mp3 tag info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force WMP to always apply/display changes to mp3 tag info?: Does anyone know why Windows Media Player 12 is so stubborn when it comes to updating MP3 tag information, particularly the ratings field? I have my WMP Library options set as shown in the attached file, yet have mp3 files with ratings set months ago from within WMP that...
  6. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  7. Media - WMP and Groove

in Windows 10 Support
    Media - WMP and Groove: I drag 250Gb of music into the playlist and they bork. LOL. I realise that was probably a big ask but in these days of massive storage for cheap a media player should handle it. And don't get me started on why I have 22 albums listed with 1 song in each for a 22 track...
  8. wmp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp.: in windows 10 how to tranfer music from wmp to mp3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmp/8763b93a-627d-4bb8-a709-cf962876e3e0
  9. WMP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  10. WMP has stopped running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP has stopped running: Windows Media Player stopped running on my Windows 10 Version 1803 desktop PC after about 6 pm PDT this evening. If I click on an mp3 in the Music folder, it will run in the other mode but will stop if I try to switch to "Library" mode. The error message is: [ATTACH] and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media apply changes not working