Windows 10: WMP - Can't Find Album Info

Discus and support WMP - Can't Find Album Info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I rip all of my CDs to my computer. When ripping one in particular, I could not find the album info. I noticed that WMP arbitrarily ripped it as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Sep 2, 2016.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

WMP - Can't Find Album Info

I rip all of my CDs to my computer. When ripping one in particular, I could not find the album info. I noticed that WMP arbitrarily ripped it as the artist's previous CD and I manually changed the information. First of all, it had partially saved under the name of the previous album disc #2, and then partially under the correct name, yet omitting a few tracks, although they appeared to be ripped. I don't know where they were saved. How can I correctly get the tracks saved in the correct file? Just copy/paste from Audio CD to computer? I think that might paste them in a different format, then.

I should note that this CD is a special CD that's only available at shows. It's by Black Sabbath, titled "The End".

:)

JOSHSKORN, Sep 2, 2016

2. Windows

Hello Ed! If you go to the All Music Guide database (which is used by WMP), and the information there is incorrect as well, you should be able to correct it there.

Also, if you make corrections through Find Album Info, that information might be used to correct the database in the future.

Also

It's possible that WMP incorrectly identifies a CD as another album. To fix this, look up the album info manually: right-click one of the tracks, select Find album info , search for the correct album, and follow the remaining steps of the wizard.

SonGoku'sSon, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Music player track numbers - Cause and Workaround

Hi, never had this problem ! Just run album through WMP, find album info, let it do its stuff, then drag and drop album to E on phone , Album shows in music player, all tracks in correct order with all info correct !

carman58---01, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Perhaps that CD isn't in the WMP database and you will need to input data manually?

Steve C, Sep 2, 2016
  5. JOSHSKORN Win User
    Is there a website I can go to in my computer to search the information?

JOSHSKORN, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Although the tracks may be misnamed, all the MP3 files should be in the one folder? Unless your just putting them all in the music folder with no sub folders? I store mine by Artist > Album. I also turn off the option "Retrieve additional information from the internet" in Tools > Options > Library. If I don't, some of my files get renamed and I end up in mess like you have. I use mp3tag to edit my files the way I want them. Once you edit the tag info, MP will resort how it displays them under artist album automatically.

alphanumeric, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You can now edit the tags manually with Groove.
    I use MediaMonkey as my main player. It also has an auto tag from web option that shows you different results, and let's you decide what to change, including lyrics!
    Kudos to @Barman58 for recommending it to me.

WMP - Can't Find Album Info [​IMG]

WMP - Can't Find Album Info [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WMP - Can't Find Album Info - Similar Threads - WMP Can't Find

2. music; I cant find album info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    music; I cant find album info: whenever I try to find album info it doesn't let https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-i-cant-find-album-info/b720d92b-374e-4856-a8d9-12dcaeba65c8
  3. Missing album aer in WMP 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing album aer in WMP 12: I accidentally clicked the icon in the right corner and the art on the album playing disappeared, i tried every album and it's the same, the art is still there wwhen i look at the right side details, but not in compact mode, this is weird, can someone help me out here please?...
  4. Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is WMP Dead? Cannot Find Album Info: I've been ripping my CDs for years. Everything was fine, until I came across one CD where I noticed that Windows Media Player hadn't identified correctly. I'd attempted to right-click on it and select Find Album Info. Normally, this brings up a wizard (if I recall correctly)...
  5. WMP Album lnfo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP Album lnfo: When I load an original CD into my CD rom and try to RIP it with Windows Media Player, I do NOT get any Song Titles, Artists or Album info.... Windows Media Player is NOT displaying song Information from the CD. Even if l right-click one of the CD 's tracks, select Find Album...
  6. WMP not showing album pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP not showing album pictures: Earlier today i burned a cd with wmp and it went fine, then i put all that music on to a flash drive which removed it from wmp. But when i went to add more music to wmp, the new music's album covers wouldn't show up and all of the songs were. It clumped into tame album so i...
  7. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  8. WMP Find album info not working

WMP Find album info not working: I don't remember the last time i used Windows Media Player, but it was working well the last time. Today i tried to use the the "Find album info" so i could rip some cd's to mp3 with info like track names, but the screen just stays white, no error. The url that it have is...
  9. Media Player - 'find album info' not working

Media Player - 'find album info' not working: Hello This past month, Media Player has ceased being able to locate album information for audio CDs. It used to work, but now it doesn't. When I request that it finds album info, the Internet Explorer 'website cannot be found' error is displayed. The CDs I am using are...
  10. Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue: I know that the Solution of the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue has been sovled many times but I still don't know how to do the steps can anyone please just make a youtube video guide on how to fix the Windows Media Player "Find Album Info" Issue because so far...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find album info wmp