Windows 10: WMP meta data

Discus and support WMP meta data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JannieG, Jul 30, 2020.

1. JannieG Win User

WMP meta data

Hi

I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently.
    What is happening is:
    - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info")
    - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting into correct folders
    - However, after restarting or leaving my computer for some time, the information reverts back to what it was
    - This does not happen for all files, just some
    - There is nothing obvious that I can see that differs between files that it works for and the ones it doesn't
    - I have checked read-only settings on files and also access rights and ownership of files. None seem to make a difference.

Being a bit OCD, this is driving me up the wall!!!

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks
    J

:)

JannieG, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

WMP meta data [​IMG]

3. tcebob Win User
    What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

[[meta]]
    or[[meta-new]]

That's exactly what I saw, at the top of the filename list. Not all directories, just system. Nothing happens when I click on them. Now, after a few updates and reboots, they seem to have gone away. So I can't provide a screen shot. As far as I can tell they have nothing to do with a metafile.

tcebob, Jul 30, 2020
  4. tcebob Win User

WMP meta data

What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

Great suggestion! I suspected Ashampoo Backup. Then ran Everything and found hundreds of [[meta]]s. I noticed that the dates and times of the files coincide with the scheduled backup time (Friday at 1:00). So that's the culprit. I will contact Ashampoo.

tcebob, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

WMP meta data

1. WMP meta data - Similar Threads - WMP meta data

2. File Explorer: Issues with meta data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Issues with meta data: Hi I am tagging all my photos right now. I am struggling with problems in File Explorer, when using multiple tags in combination with the search. Issue 1 detail pane: Without search, all tags are listed: [ATTACH] With search, only a few tags are listed:...
  3. Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Meta Data Program for Movies for Windows File Explorer: I'm not looking for something like Kodi/Plex because not only is it laggy but also I feel that it's not customizable enough. Usually, I think that developers over-customize software with too many options. This is a huge problem today as it detracts from the productivity of...
  4. Windows wont show meta data for some tracks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont show meta data for some tracks: I got some FLAC files but Windows wont show the meta data for some tracks. It works fine in VLC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Poker_Face0958 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8umg8/windows_wont_show_meta_data_for_some_tracks/
  5. Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10

Location of meta data for Photo in Windowa 10: Where are the generated meta data for video projects stored on my computer? I need to make sure that the data is backuped (did lose some video projects when I reinstalled windows 10). Is there a way in Photo to setup where this data is stored? Also, there is a function to...
  6. Re-build the meta data on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-build the meta data on a hard drive: First, I'm not sure the title is correct ... meta data. Secondly, I'm not sure this would be the correct forum, but I'm not sure where to start. I'm need help with the information on a hard drive that tells where on the hard drive the file is stored, hence the second...
  7. Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?

Windows 10 - Photos-App - Meta-Data Backup possible?: Hi there :) I have a question concerning the Microsoft-Photos App for Windows 10. Is there any way to backup the app's meta-data? In particular, I would like to save my albums, faces and video-projects in case of having to reinstall Windows one day. Thanks in advance ;)...
  8. What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?: New to win 64 home. I use Total Commander with Show Hidden Files. but have [[meta]] and [[meta-new]] set not to show. What are they? 86335
  9. FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?

in Windows 10 Support
    FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?: It's me again Margret...aheh aheh.... LOL Anyway I am using FLV/Media utility and MediaHuman Converter to trans code my FLV local talk radio stream recordings to MP3 sometimes the header or meta data is a bit whack so MediaHuman can not convert them neither can media...
  10. Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?: I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works. However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg....