Windows 10: WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

Discus and support WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corona, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Corona Win User

WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close the folder and right click on that folder the contextual commands show up again, but only with that specific folder.
    But it only works once. If I try it again on that same folder anytime afterwards I see that I've lost the command again.

I'm still on 1803. Any ideas what happened? *sarc

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

:)

Corona, Dec 25, 2018

2. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Right-Click Contextual Menu No Longer Works

Hi, Microsoft Community.

I have a "Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit" operating system installation that has originated from an upgrade from a "Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit" operating system installation. The upgrade has taken place on the fated date of July 29th,
    2015, that is, four (4) months and nine (9) days ago.

Right-clicking on the "Microsoft" logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen produces a contextual menu. Somehow, a few days ago I have noticed that it is impossible any more to start any commands from that contextual menu. The only commands
    that are still working appear to be "Search", "Run", and "Desktop".

The "Start Menu", as it has originated in the "Microsoft Windows 95" operating system version, is nowadays too intricate for a simple and innocent mind. However, that right-click contextual menu was a gem and its use greatly enhances the
    efficiency of operating the personal computer system.

Please advise on what to attempt in order to revive its commands that are no longer working. For instance, let us take the case of the "Command Prompt (Admin)" command that is currently no longer working.

Best regards,

Varada Prada,

Bucharest, Romania,

South-Eastern Europe.

DOBRESCU__Mihai, Dec 25, 2018
  4. layka30 Win User

remove contextual menu

remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut.
    Thank you.

WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu [​IMG]

layka30, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu - Similar Threads - WMP longer recognized

2. Bluetooth no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer recognized: Hi! I need help.Yesterday I had no problem with the Bluetooth I use the Mini Google as the output audio. Today it shows as though my PC does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have Windows 11, and there is nowhere in setting where I can turn on or off Bluetooth. The only...
  3. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu: This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-toolbars-item-has-disappeared-from-the-taskbar/36664bc0-7ec5-4079-8e71-79fd2a71c0a8
  4. Option "Open With" not appears in contextual menu of Windows 10

Option "Open With" not appears in contextual menu of Windows 10: Hello, everybody!: The key is present in the regedit of Windows, but not in contextual menu. Do somedoby help me with this trouble? Thank you, very much, in advance. Windows 10 version: 20H2 (comp. 662) x64. 169937
  5. WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s: Just tried to play some music with WMP; wouldn't work. Just get a red X next to the track. But it worked fine a few minutes beforehand. Same with VLC. VLC actually plays the track but no sound comes out. Using the AISO3ALL driver for my DAW and all audio I/O goes through my...
  6. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  7. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.: Hi, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 with several internal hard drives, and I've noticed there are missing items in the right-click contextual menu in some of them. The only available option is "create new folder", but everything else is missing. [ATTACH]...
  8. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons: I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)). Recently, I noticed that my contextual menus seem fine on most things, but when clicking on a desktop item (like trying to...
  9. Contextual click issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Contextual click issues: Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help. Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get...
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558