Windows 10: wmp onedrive music and folder issue

Discus and support wmp onedrive music and folder issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So trying to remove onedrive music folder and can not delete, takeover or move the onedrive path. I have created a new music folder in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Jan 1, 2019.

1. kjl1956 Win User

wmp onedrive music and folder issue

So trying to remove onedrive music folder and can not delete, takeover or move the onedrive path.

I have created a new music folder in the c:/users/user/Music and copied all of the music folders to that directory.

The desktop shortcut still points to Thispc/Music with the path c:/users/user/onedrive/

;the music folder was removed.

I had also removed the onlinestore music files from wmp and now nothing shows up under wmp even though the default music folder is now on i:/music

Groove music still works with i:/music and onedrive was removed for places to look

:)

kjl1956, Jan 1, 2019

2. Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 1, 2019
  3. OneDrive music folder music not synced to Groove Music

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are unable to sync Onedrive music folder with Groove Music app and Groove Music Web Player. I will certainly help you.

I recommend you to add the Onedrive music files to Music folder (Navigate to
    This PC
    > Music) on the PC and then launch the
    Groove Music Web Player, check if it lists the songs.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to move the Folder from the location to the
    Default Library Music folder and check if the Groove app
    syncs them.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 1, 2019
  4. _jEwE_ Win User

ONEDRIVE folder automatically added to WMP library >> HOW TO SHUT THIS OFF???

Hi there,

I am wondering how to prevent that ONEDRIVE folder will be automatically added to my WMP library. I tried to delete them from 'organizing library' and 'setting the location'. I delete them from the locations where WMP should look for music, but everytime
    I start WMP these ONEDRIVE folders pop up again !!!

Is there a workaround that deletes these folders for ever? And if I decide to add them again let me do that myself ;-))

I hope that there is someone around that can help me out.

Thanks jEwE

_jEwE_, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. wmp onedrive music and folder issue - Similar Threads - wmp onedrive music

2. Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder: Was sorting OneDrive issues as OneDrive was on C Drive & D Drive for some reason on PCMoving all to D Drive and wanted to point Music Folder to D Drive as well When I did this the Music folder became the OneDrive Folder...
  3. Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally made the Music folder OneDrive folder: Was sorting OneDrive issues as OneDrive was on C Drive & D Drive for some reason on PCMoving all to D Drive and wanted to point Music Folder to D Drive as well When I did this the Music folder became the OneDrive Folder...
  4. MP3 music syncing with WMP

MP3 music syncing with WMP: Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab....
  5. Can't unlink local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't unlink local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder: Hoping DaveM121 is there as he has helped with a similar problem Dave Can I ask for more help please I have a Music folder which is linked to Onedrive and having unlinked Onedrive I thought this would go away Having looked up another thread you helped with it seems my...
  6. Combining music in WMP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining music in WMP: I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with different selections from the same album. One has tracks 1,3 and 5 and 7.The other 2,4,8, etc. Is there a way to combine the...
  7. WMP will not create a music CD

WMP will not create a music CD: Many thanks to those who may have offered their suggestions. Most unfortunately, NOTHING WORKED. I tried every suggestion that was offered but without success. I did, however manage to create the Music CD I wanted, BUT on a competitor's system/software. Need less...
  8. Burning music to a disc in WMP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning music to a disc in WMP...: When trying to burn music from my library to a disc I get the following message after it indicates the burn is complete: "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged."...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  10. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...