Windows 10: WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser

Discus and support WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Making website, cross-browser... ... when I click a link like <a href="file.mp4" >CLICK</a> , with IE11, Windows Média Player init playing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jorge_Soares, Jun 21, 2019.

1. WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser

Hi

Making website, cross-browser...

... when I click a link like <a href="file.mp4" >CLICK</a> , with IE11, Windows Média Player init playing the video as usual (standalone).

WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser f4f0b301-6173-4f55-bd32-36909c9e2498?upload=true.jpg

But browsers Firefox or Chrome does not open WMP. They play with their own media players, embedded in a new page.

How can I set those browsers to open Windows Média Player like IE11 ?

Cheers

js

:)

Jorge_Soares, Jun 21, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2019
  4. WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser

how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser

1. WMP only open standalone, with Internet Explorer browser - Similar Threads - WMP open standalone

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser using Group Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Internet Explorer 11 as a standalone browser using Group Policy in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft is discontinuing Internet Explorer after 25 years. They have adequate reasons to do this as IE had its fair share of problems. It is time for businesses to migrate to Microsoft Edge, and so in this article, we are going to see how to disable Internet...
  6. Standalone apps for browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Standalone apps for browser?: A lot of the programs that I use are available as both standalone apps and in the browser i.e. Messenger, Evernote, OneNote. In regards to computer resources, I'm wondering if it is better to use browsers for apps or the standalone app. Thanks for your help. submitted by...
  7. Internet Explorer as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  8. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  9. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...
  10. Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer only opens as Administrator: Hey, so I had this issue with multiple users across my enterprise. I've tried many fixes online but none of them seemed to work. It always led me back to having to open Internet Explorer as administrator... I've found a fix. This is Windows 10 64-bit. The reason you...