Windows 10: WMP Rip To Library

Discus and support WMP Rip To Library in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Windows Media Player to rip audiobook CDs to my hard drive. When I start a new audiobook I open WMP, click tools, options, rip music. Under rip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tompopo(2), Dec 13, 2019.

1. WMP Rip To Library

I use Windows Media Player to rip audiobook CDs to my hard drive.

When I start a new audiobook I open WMP, click tools, options, rip music.

Under rip music to this location I click change and select the folder that I want the files to go into. Then click okay and apply.

This morning I found that the files have been going to WMP-music.

I tried twice to send the files to the proper location but the options keep resetting to WMP-music.

I have ben ripping audiobook files using WMP for over a year and no problems.

What do you suggest?

:)

tompopo(2), Dec 13, 2019
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10, now WMP will not RIP Cds. Says WMP cannot RIP one or more tracks from the CD.

Used this fix that I found a few minutes ago & it worked like a champ for me ...

"The error message is caused by the broken rip music location, which can be fixed as follows. In WMP's library, please click Organize, and select Manage libraries - Music .
    What locations are listed there? If there are any unavailable locations, remove them, and also make sure that a Default save location is set. Do the same for the other libraries (Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV).

RonGabbert, Dec 13, 2019
  4. jimjdld Win User

WMP Rip To Library

Rip cd in wmp 12

just had update to win 10 1803 , now can't rip cd's in wmp12 , copyright protection agreemant opens . ie option to apply copyright protection or not and the agreemnt , which i tick/check (never had to before by the way) then wmp closes? the folder
    for the cd is created in the library but nothing else happens ?

jimjdld, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

WMP Rip To Library

1. WMP Rip To Library - Similar Threads - WMP Rip Library

2. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  3. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  4. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  5. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  6. WMP CD ripping error

7. WMP Library and OneDive dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP Library and OneDive dilemma: Hello all, For a while I've been trying to resolve this issue but I don't know how. I use WMP and I would like to put all of my music files on OneDrive and let WMP view the Music library from OneDrive. There is one problem with this though. When making my music files on...
  8. Running WMP on Windows 10 won't rip to library

Running WMP on Windows 10 won't rip to library: Trying to rip a cd to library, as soon as WMP loads the cd in the drive, status already says 'Ripped To Library'. Ripping is being done on my laptop which is NOT where my WMP music collection is stored and used. I rip tracks here, then move them to my music system. Have...
  9. WMP library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP library: How do I get my WMP library to populate? I have ripped most of my large CD collection to my laptop. In the past, after reorganising my collection I have deleted everything from the library and the library has automatically repopulated. Today I cannot get the library to...
  10. Editing the default WMP library?

Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...