Windows 10: WMP Server Problem

Discus and support WMP Server Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new HP laptop preinstalled with Windows 10. I set up the Windows Media Player to act as a server to my other devices as I did on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dustnik, Oct 12, 2015.

1. dustnik Win User

WMP Server Problem

I recently purchased a new HP laptop preinstalled with Windows 10. I set up the Windows Media Player to act as a server to my other devices as I did on my previous laptop running Windows 7. That includes my music, video, and photos. However only the music folder shows up on my other devices (Hopper satellite receiver and Blu-ray player). I know the files are in an acceptable format as they worked fine before with my other computer. I think I have the settings correct since the music plays perfectly. This is an important feature to me and I want to be able to use it. Please don't suggest I contact HP. They already sent me to you.

:)

dustnik, Oct 12, 2015
  2. JanAuzins Win User

DLNA in Windows 10

I have the problem that I cannot see WMP from my Humax device. The Humax can see Plex Media server which is running on the same laptop over WLAN. I have enabled streaming but cannot for the life of me work out how to stream from WMP.

Please help.

JanAuzins, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and DLNA Devices

Yashwanth,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the Onkyo receiver is running the latest firmware. There are no drivers for the OS that I could find that relate to the DLNA server function. I attempted to run Windows Media Server in compatibility mode but could
    not find a way of doing that. The problem has become even worse, as the Onkyo can no longer "see" a DNLA server. Though I've check and rechecked all WMP and Network and sharing settings, the DLNA server functionality of WMP appears to be trashed.

I'm thinking that a solution might be to download third party DLNA-compliant server software, but can't find anything that states compatibility with Windows 10. Any ideas on that route?

Thanks again.

RobTommasone, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

WMP Server Problem

1. WMP Server Problem - Similar Threads - WMP Server Problem

2. WMP Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP Problem: WMP will not play dvd from public library. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-problem/b017d55e-d09f-4942-9fb5-ade496451ad3
  3. TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?

in Windows 10 Support
    TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?: HI there, I can get the TV contents of attached USB's/HDD over to my PC on WMP but not the reverse which is what I want. The TV doesn't show my PC server at all (W10 ver. 1909) It is, however, listed on WMP and Movies & TV app. Any ideas welcomed. 146813
  4. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  5. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  6. Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed": I got with "Server Execution Failed" when opening WMP in Windows 10. Searching on the web, I have tried many hints but failed all the time. What is the true cure of this problem ? Is it due to codecs problem or anything related to internet ? *** Email address is removed for...
  7. wmp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp.: in windows 10 how to tranfer music from wmp to mp3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmp/8763b93a-627d-4bb8-a709-cf962876e3e0
  8. WMP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  9. WMP Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP Problem: Hello, I am looking for help please. I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to make WMP the default programme for playing video clips. I know WMP is installed although it does not show on the list of programmes in the Start A/Z index. I have been googling around...
  10. WMP 12 problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP 12 problem.: Has anybody ever had this happen while watching a movie on WMP 12? I am running the latest Windows 10 update. Version 12.0.15063 [img] This anomaly comes and goes quickly (only a few frames then back to normal) on what seems to be scenes with a lot happening. It took me...