Windows 10: WMP sync options

Discus and support WMP sync options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 (latest update) using WMP 12. When I connect my android phone by USB WMP only sees the internal storage as an option to sync to. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TMWGray, Jan 27, 2019.

1. TMWGray Win User

WMP sync options

I am running Win 10 (latest update) using WMP 12. When I connect my android phone by USB WMP only sees the internal storage as an option to sync to. My phone has a separate SD card which I want to use for syncing to (more storage) but cannot see a way to do so. If I also connect a USB Hard drive WMP gives me both options to choose from (USB Hard drive or the phones internal storage.) It recognises both as a device but does not see the SD Card as another option.

Is there any way I can get the SD Card to also show as an option to Sync to?

TMWGray

:)

TMWGray, Jan 27, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MP3 player sync

I have a Creative 8GB mp3 player ad wondering if anyone else has some good suggestions beyond WMP for syncing my library too it.

1Kurgan1, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

WMP sync options [​IMG]

4. Bree Win User

WMP sync options

WMP Problem

Welcome to TenForums @Badger100

Assuming the video clip is in a format WMP can play, choose 'Open with' then click 'Choose another app'. Scroll down to the bottom of the list of 'Other options' and click 'More apps...'. Does WMP appear in this extended list? If so select it and click 'OK'. You will open your clip in WMP and from now on WMP will appear in the list offered by 'Open with'. Optionally, if you tick the 'always open with...' box WMP will be set as the default for this type of file.

If you don't see WMP in that list, at the bottom is a 'Look for another app on this PC' link, browse and find it in Program Files and select wmplayer.exe. Again, opening your clip in WMP this way will also add it to the 'Open with' list of apps.

That is just one way to set a default app, it's Option Two in this tutorial.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

Thema:

WMP sync options

1. WMP sync options - Similar Threads - WMP sync options

2. Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10: Okay, I've looked at a lot of answers for this and nothing resembles *my* WMP.I have two ext. SSDs connected to my computer. Originally, I wasn't having any issues. Lately, WMP/UMDF Driver Host Process hammers my SSDs when I run it and never seems to stop. For now, I'm...
  3. Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10: Okay, I've looked at a lot of answers for this and nothing resembles *my* WMP.I have two ext. SSDs connected to my computer. Originally, I wasn't having any issues. Lately, WMP/UMDF Driver Host Process hammers my SSDs when I run it and never seems to stop. For now, I'm...
  4. Disable WMP 12 sync function on Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WMP

WMP: Is there an WMP update i can try as I keep getting a "not responding" sign. Thanks Ian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp/62044689-8767-49f0-ab7f-f75a31a17ff5
  6. MP3 music syncing with WMP

MP3 music syncing with WMP: Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab....
  7. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  8. wmp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp.: in windows 10 how to tranfer music from wmp to mp3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wmp/8763b93a-627d-4bb8-a709-cf962876e3e0
  9. WMP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  10. Sync option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync option: My personal computer - which I am signed on as the administrator - says it's not allowed to sync settings and to contact the administrator. What do I need to do so that I can sync my settings with my other devices?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile wmp sync