Windows 10: WMP Toolbar

Discus and support WMP Toolbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I Re-Enable this? I aquired the dll file from my Windows Vista copy. I can't seem to find any tutorials for W10 and I really miss this feature.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Sep 15, 2017.

1. WMP Toolbar

How can I Re-Enable this? I aquired the dll file from my Windows Vista copy. I can't seem to find any tutorials for W10 and I really miss this feature.

I followed all the instructions for regsvr32 and all that crap and it registered the DLL but it refuses to show under the toolbars.

:)

RECONBunny, Sep 15, 2017
  2. slance310 Win User

Michelle

Hi,

That depends on what you are trying to play..

WMP will not play any type of DVD Movie, even with the proper codecs...

For other issues like .mpeg video, I used the K-Lite Basic Codec pack...

Download K-Lite Codec Pack

If you install this, look closely before selecting any of the "NEXT"...

It may try to install a toolbar or something...

There is no crapware with the program other than that little issue...

slance310, Sep 15, 2017
  3. windows 10 Windows Media Player

There was nothing in that fix about finding your Music. If you upgraded and chose to save everything (or were given no choices of what to save) then your Music is in your User Account Music Folder. If not then check C:/windows.old under Users>Your User
    Account>Music. Copy it from there to the Music link on the left hand Explorer toolbar.

If your Music once found does not open in Windows Media Player follow Gerard's correct suggestions to set WMP as the Default media player.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

WMP Toolbar

5. sml156 Win User
    That trick to get WMP on Windows 10 was started by one of the users of a site and if I put a link to it on TenForums it will get deleted in seconds I am not even going to chance PM'ing you the link.

With that said I think there is a site dedicated to everything about WMP and similar programs and the devices used to receive TV on your computer called " The Green Room " try there.

Long story short now, As far as I know that trick has not worked for at least two or three month's I was going to see if it gets fixed somehow after the next major update to Windows which is near the end of next month if i'm not mistaken.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMP Toolbar

1. WMP Toolbar - Similar Threads - WMP Toolbar

2. My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I: i have deleted the appdata as advised by Marvin's post. Still the wrong lyrics. I have tried to use Mp3tag, that shows again the right lyrics but when played they are for a completely different song.Anyone can point me in the right direction please?Thnak you EV...
  3. My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WMP is not displaying the right lyrics dispite the fact that I saved them correctly. I: i have deleted the appdata as advised by Marvin's post. Still the wrong lyrics. I have tried to use Mp3tag, that shows again the right lyrics but when played they are for a completely different song.Anyone can point me in the right direction please?Thnak you EV...
  4. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  5. WMP error when trying to rip a CD

WMP error when trying to rip a CD: I'm trying to rip a relatively old CD, and for some reason, WMP returns the "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD." error. I've already tried removing unavailable locations, the rip quality is set to maximum, the Error Correction setting is on, the...
  6. WMP crashes/not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP crashes/not responding: When I'm trying to rip my old CD collection, WMP will continually stop/not responding error when I'm both trying to add the song track and during the ripping. It eventually frees up, but it takes over an hour to rip one disc. Is there any solution for this?Running on Windows...
  7. WMP crashes/not responding

WMP crashes/not responding: When I'm trying to rip my old CD collection, WMP will continually stop/not responding error when I'm both trying to add the song track and during the ripping. It eventually frees up, but it takes over an hour to rip one disc. Is there any solution for this?Running on Windows...
  8. Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?: I see closed threads going back 10 years for the problem that WMP fails to get correct data for 1st track when ripping. Is there a way to retrieve data? Do people just use EAC or Foobar2000 instead?...
  9. Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?

Is there a fix for WMP corrupting first track when ripping CDs?: I see closed threads going back 10 years for the problem that WMP fails to get correct data for 1st track when ripping. Is there a way to retrieve data? Do people just use EAC or Foobar2000 instead?...
  10. Why do all media players VLC, MPC, WMP, ALshow stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all media players VLC, MPC, WMP, ALshow stop working?: The media players on my Windows 7 computer will frequently not play videos, but will always play audio. I can play videos on YouTube, Vimeo, ect., but no locally stored video files. The error message says, "VLC or whichever player I am trying has stopped working. Windows is...