Windows 10: WMP will not finalise a disc.

Discus and support WMP will not finalise a disc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to burn photographs to a disc but the Windows Media will not finalize. It gets to about 90% then rejects the disc with the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by twiddle10, May 24, 2020.

1. twiddle10 Win User

WMP will not finalise a disc.

Hi, I've been trying to burn photographs to a disc but the Windows Media will not finalize. It gets to about 90% then rejects the disc with the message " Windows media player cannot burn the files If the burner is busy wait for the current task to finish. If necessary verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver."

I have updated all the drivers and get the same result - and none of the trouble shooters can find anything.

I have tried the original internal burner - plus an external with the same result suggesting it is not a hardware fault.

Both these devices will play CD and DVD.

Both these devices and discs are recognised on " This PC "

The event viewer shows " The device\device\cdrom has a bad block ". What does that mean ??

I have tried to burn with WMP and Express Burn with the same results - suggesting it is not a burn app problem.

I have tried the burner at all speeds - there is no difference.

Have looked in Registry and no upper limit is set = lower limit is set at PxHlpa64 whatever that may mean.

Using new clean Verbatim discs

The problem has existed since the computer was new but as I have never burned discs before I didn't bother with it.

Does anybody have any idea how to get the burning working well.

Most grateful.

:)

twiddle10, May 24, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

WMP will not finalise a disc. [​IMG]

3. Finalising a CD

No error codes, it writes the cd and then the cd will not play in any cd player apart from laptop. That would indicate that the disc is not finalised.

rickbarrow, May 24, 2020
  4. snypsa1 Win User

torrent mp3 burn onto disc in wmp

i have mp3 music files downloaded through utorrent, os windows 7, and want to burn these to disc via windows media player but the wmp library won't recognise them to add from the library to the burn list, but it will play them ??

snypsa1, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. WMP will not finalise a disc. - Similar Threads - WMP finalise disc

2. WMP unloads disc it can't identify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP unloads disc it can't identify: Attempted to play a library CD audio book in WMP. CD begins playing,, but shortly WMP generates a pop-up "Unable to identify this CD... connect to internet..." & then EJECTS the CD!? WTH?This cycle of misbehavior continues, repeating until either insanity or sanity sets...
  3. WMP unloads disc it can't identify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP unloads disc it can't identify: Attempted to play a library CD audio book in WMP. CD begins playing,, but shortly WMP generates a pop-up "Unable to identify this CD... connect to internet..." & then EJECTS the CD!? WTH?This cycle of misbehavior continues, repeating until either insanity or sanity sets...
  4. WMP Disc Burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP Disc Burner: This message appears after the disc burner fails to burn cd.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-disc-burner/72d967e7-4df6-4cdd-b19a-5c98fd7770f5
  5. WMP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP: Hi DaveM121. Thanks for the fix you suggested yesterday on my WMP problem. 100% now. Wish I had used the community first instead of spending 40 minutes chatting to a technician who had no idea of the problem or a fix. Regards RayMR...
  6. WMP won't burn CDR discs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP won't burn CDR discs: I use Memorex CDR discs to burn my music from my computer. WMP will not burn the music, tells me to remove current cd and insert an empty one. That is what I am using. But WMP keeps rejecting my discs. what can I do to bypass this interruption?...
  7. Burning music to a disc in WMP...

Burning music to a disc in WMP...: When trying to burn music from my library to a disc I get the following message after it indicates the burn is complete: "Windows Media Player encountered an error while burning. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that the disc is clean and not damaged."...
  8. Thread Finalisation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thread Finalisation.: Hi, How do I mark a thread as answered? I have sent the feedback that my question was answered. Does this finalise the thread? Thank you, Brian. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/thread-finalisation/a25e57e3-d0d6-41ae-9c59-eb627873c605
  9. WMP

WMP: I used to be able to sync my music onto a USB pen drive to use in my car using WMP. However since upgrading to windows 10 WMP is not recognising my pen drive as it did before. I have looked everywhere for an answer and I am not the only one.This is frustrating and my force...
  10. Finalisation of dvds burnt on pc in w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Finalisation of dvds burnt on pc in w10: With W7 I was able to burn a dvd which could be finalised for playback on any device, but now with W10 it is only playable on a PC. Can this be changed? 42985