Windows 10: wmp won't play from my dvd?

Discus and support wmp won't play from my dvd? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any idea why? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-wont-play-from-my-dvd/d25acd14-2f81-4227-bd81-100a9e1a9983 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abpc555, Dec 4, 2019.

1. abpc555 Win User

wmp won't play from my dvd?

Any idea why?

Thanks.

:)

abpc555, Dec 4, 2019

2. WMP plays CDs and not DVDs

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing DVD's on Windows Media Player, do let us know what exactly happens when you try to play DVD's from Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2019
  3. B. Herron Win User
    PC won't play DVD

MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it"

B. Herron, Dec 4, 2019
  4. wmp won't play from my dvd?

DVD will not play

I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching videos but I was trying to listen to some videos on the Pittsburgh Steelers website and they would not play. Any suggestions?

Laserbeam125, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

wmp won't play from my dvd?

1. wmp won't play from my dvd? - Similar Threads - wmp won't play

2. DVD recognized but won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD recognized but won't play DVD: DVD recognized but won't play DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-recognized-but-wont-play-dvd/e9e8dd40-aaa7-48ca-86e8-22e8cf9ca3c6
  3. optical drive won't play dvd....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    optical drive won't play dvd....: my laptop, widows 10, will not play my new dvd's. I'm very disappointed-need help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-wont-play-dvd/b385b903-15dd-4832-b87a-408700b1f2ed"
  4. Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP: Using Windows 10. I have looked at another thread about this same issue and the "solutions" there don't work. Windows Media Player installed, but I can't find any information on which version this is. WMP is set in Win 10 as the default media player. Yet, no matter what...
  5. Windows DVD player won't play

Windows DVD player won't play: It was working, now it's not. My Windows DVD player won't play. Neither will my VLC Media player. This started after the last Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-dvd-player-wont-play/4d6b0de9-9195-451a-beba-81bcd6cb4b2e
  6. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

DVD won't play movies on my notebook: I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP...
  7. PC won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't play DVD: MY PC don't recognize the DVD and won[t play it" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windvd/pc-wont-play-dvd/916d849f-de30-4c64-9d4c-7774a9deeabd
  8. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  10. WMP DVD Playback Restoration

WMP DVD Playback Restoration: So we all know since Windows 8 Microsoft has scrubbed the DVD playback ability of WMP. My question is what exactly did they do and how can I hack it back in? I use VLC Media Player for mostly everything. I've tried to figure this out for a long time but now I am just in the...