Windows 10: wmp won't read disk

Discus and support wmp won't read disk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; wmp won't read any disk cd or dvd the drive light comes on for a few seconds then stops.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anitakidd, Jul 30, 2018.

1. anitakidd Win User

wmp won't read disk

wmp won't read any disk cd or dvd the drive light comes on for a few seconds then stops.

:)

anitakidd, Jul 30, 2018

2. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

wmp won't read disk [​IMG]

4. wmp won't read disk

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

wmp won't read disk

1. wmp won't read disk - Similar Threads - wmp won't read

2. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  3. Disk driver not reading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk driver not reading: After installing Manjaro entire Windows is not booting up. To perform and clean installation disk 0 is invalid in Diskpart. Please help I cannot even install a new software or get my photos from the disk......
  4. windows10 won't read the usb disks

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10 won't read the usb disks: I have used 'Standby disk' (Leapfrog Software) with various versions of windows,but after installing it on Windows 10,the first menu to come up is 'Do you want to make a standby disk' to which I reply 'Yes', but an error message comes up 'Can't read the information'. Even...
  5. My Windows 10 DVD won't read any disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 DVD won't read any disks: I have Windows 10 with a DVD drive that used to work. I have updated the drivers using Windows Update and they say the device is working. Whenever I try to read a DVD, the door opens and it says to put a DVD into the drawer. How do I fix it?...
  6. WMP won't burn CDR discs

WMP won't burn CDR discs: I use Memorex CDR discs to burn my music from my computer. WMP will not burn the music, tells me to remove current cd and insert an empty one. That is what I am using. But WMP keeps rejecting my discs. what can I do to bypass this interruption?...
  7. WMP won't burn a CD

WMP won't burn a CD: I am running Window 10 on a desktop PC with all the latest updates (I think.) I've been trying to burn a CD and get stopped after numerous attempts. I don't see any icons to indicate where the problem is as shown in the screenshot below. After this problem, I restarted my...
  8. WMP won't play music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  10. WMP causing excessive disk activity

WMP causing excessive disk activity: I rarely use WMP but loaded it just now (to check whether the streaming settings were OK, as I need them for streaming videos from my PC HD to my smart TV). But as soon as WMP started, my CPU activity shot up, and my external USB HDs became hyperactive. On checking Win 10 TM...