Windows 10: WMP

Discus and support WMP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I transfer or sync the music on my Galaxy Tab A to WMP (Windows 10) on my PC including playlist and/or library?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViableQuill98, Nov 22, 2019.

1. WMP

Can I transfer or sync the music on my Galaxy Tab A to WMP (Windows 10) on my PC including playlist and/or library?

:)

ViableQuill98, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

WMP Problem

It should be there. Let's try again, step by step.

First, find out what version of Windows you have. Use the Winkey + R to bring up the 'Run' box, type Winver then click OK. You should see a version number, 1511, 1607 or 1703.

If you have 1703, open Settings > Apps. For any other version open Settings > System.

Click on Default in the list to the left (in 1703 it's called Default apps).

Scroll down the list to find 'Video player'. This will probably say the default is 'Films & TV'. Whatever it says, click on it to bring up a list of possible apps to set as the default. You should see something like this with Windows Media Player in the 'Choose an application' list. Click on Windows Media Player and it will become the default for all types of video.

WMP [​IMG]

3. WMP playlists are a mess

Between those two steps, delete them all out of the WMP view so that only the ones you have in the file folder are imported and are only listed once.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 22, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

WMP

WMP Problem

Welcome to TenForums @Badger100

Assuming the video clip is in a format WMP can play, choose 'Open with' then click 'Choose another app'. Scroll down to the bottom of the list of 'Other options' and click 'More apps...'. Does WMP appear in this extended list? If so select it and click 'OK'. You will open your clip in WMP and from now on WMP will appear in the list offered by 'Open with'. Optionally, if you tick the 'always open with...' box WMP will be set as the default for this type of file.

If you don't see WMP in that list, at the bottom is a 'Look for another app on this PC' link, browse and find it in Program Files and select wmplayer.exe. Again, opening your clip in WMP this way will also add it to the 'Open with' list of apps.

That is just one way to set a default app, it's Option Two in this tutorial.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

Thema:

WMP

1. WMP - Similar Threads - WMP

2. wmp won't play from my dvd?

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmp won't play from my dvd?: Any idea why? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-wont-play-from-my-dvd/d25acd14-2f81-4227-bd81-100a9e1a9983
  3. Combining music in WMP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining music in WMP: I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with different selections from the same album. One has tracks 1,3 and 5 and 7.The other 2,4,8, etc. Is there a way to combine the...
  4. WMP access to files on USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP access to files on USB: WMP only sees video files in top level directory , but not second or subsequent. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-access-to-files-on-usb/c74884e6-6e20-4ef9-91e7-cc6cc3a26713"
  5. WMP x64

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WMP x64: Can't find 'Online Stores' under 'View' menu. It is missing in WMPx32 too. Then, how to listen to internet radios in WMP ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmp-x64/5b231408-a235-459c-88b7-49b3c5daeac5"
  6. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing: I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down where it used to be. It appears Microsoft has removed that feature. What gives???...
  7. Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP: Using Windows 10. I have looked at another thread about this same issue and the "solutions" there don't work. Windows Media Player installed, but I can't find any information on which version this is. WMP is set in Win 10 as the default media player. Yet, no matter what...
  8. Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does WMP give us such poor options to create automatic playlist?: I'm so frustrated at MS Windows Media Player. It's the app I use the most for playing mp3. On iTunes, automatic playlists are so smart that you can almost create regular expressions with it, it's almost like a mini SQL. On windows, WMP is so poor that it only has 'Is',...
  9. WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP and VLC no longer play mp3s: Just tried to play some music with WMP; wouldn't work. Just get a red X next to the track. But it worked fine a few minutes beforehand. Same with VLC. VLC actually plays the track but no sound comes out. Using the AISO3ALL driver for my DAW and all audio I/O goes through my...
  10. Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process: How do I "rip" a music file from one folder on PC to another folder, using windows media player, and converting from m4a to mp3 in the process?...