Windows 10: WMP12 after MS update obliterated it

Discus and support WMP12 after MS update obliterated it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 10 x64 system applied a large update last evening. Now, I don't have Windows Media Player 12 any more. Is it possible to get it back? If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Swifty, May 24, 2018.

1. Swifty Win User

WMP12 after MS update obliterated it

My Windows 10 x64 system applied a large update last evening. Now, I don't have Windows Media Player 12 any more.
    Is it possible to get it back?
    If not, can I rollback the update?

:)

Swifty, May 24, 2018

2. Performance Obliteration!!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Check for Updates

1. Press Windows key + R and type "control update".

2. Click Check for Updates.

3. If you have any pending updates, please install them.

Method 2: Update Graphics Card

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand Display Adapter
    • Right-click on the Graphics card and select
      Update Driver Software.
    Method 3: Try Clean boot

To disable all non-Microsoft services refer the article called
    Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 for the above given link)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 24, 2018
  3. Laptop don't work after initial start(Vedios,Games)

Hello Sashank,

Thank you for providing the required information.

• Let us knw how exactly have you tried to re-install the operating system?
    • Have you installed all the Windows Updates and drivers after trying to re-install the operating system?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft help article suggested above and check if it helps.

Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 24, 2018
Thema:

WMP12 after MS update obliterated it

1. WMP12 after MS update obliterated it - Similar Threads - WMP12 update obliterated

2. I want Copilot to be OBLITERATED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Copilot to be OBLITERATED: Let me be very clear here. I don't want to disable the Copilot button. I don't want to disable Copilot for some users. I want Copilot to be completely removed from my computer. I did not give Microsoft my permission to install it on my computer and I demand a way to remove...
  3. I want Copilot to be OBLITERATED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Copilot to be OBLITERATED: Let me be very clear here. I don't want to disable the Copilot button. I don't want to disable Copilot for some users. I want Copilot to be completely removed from my computer. I did not give Microsoft my permission to install it on my computer and I demand a way to remove...
  4. I want Copilot to be OBLITERATED

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quicken not working after MS Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken not working after MS Updates: Quicken not working after MS Updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-not-working-after-ms-updates/1f6b6d6c-8f1e-4b61-9f6d-7e9575bbc861
  6. Dual Boot obliterated by Windows 10 update. Again.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Boot obliterated by Windows 10 update. Again.: Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a dual boot Linux Ubuntu 18.04 lts on a custom build, with Windows 10. I need the Linux to run experiments and complete my masters degree, Windows is optional, and used for games and Adobe when people want to send me...
  7. How to re-install WMP12 after MS update obliterated it

in Windows 10 Support
    How to re-install WMP12 after MS update obliterated it: My Windows 10 x64 system applied a large update last evening. Now, I don't have Windows Media Player 12 any more. Is it possible to get it back? If not, can I rollback the update? 110246
  8. WMP12 Low quality album art

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP12 Low quality album art: Okay so I was wondering why WMP is showing low quality versions of the high quality album art I have. Here is an image to show you the difference. [img] 26176
  9. WMP12 + UHD Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMP12 + UHD Problems: Greetings! I just received my new TV which sports a 3840 x 2160 Resolution and I was just testing some stuff when I already encountered a problem when it comes to watching SOME Video files: Watching the Video File using Windows Media Player 12 in Fullscreen Mode:...
  10. Randomising order of auto playlist (WMP12)

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomising order of auto playlist (WMP12): There's two ways of randomising a playlist, you can turn shuffle on, or you can randomise the order of the playlist itself, then play it in sequence. I can't work out how to randomise the order of my playlist in WMP12. I know that there's a "Randomize Playback Order" as...