Windows 10: WMPlayer

Discus and support WMPlayer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did a clean install on windows10 from windows7,added the wmplayer in windows10 but it won't play a dvd? 29511 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zplugger, Nov 11, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

WMPlayer

Did a clean install on windows10 from windows7,added the wmplayer in windows10 but it won't play a dvd?

:)

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  2. jayman713 Win User

WP 8 / Vista / WMPlayer / Device not found

Hi, I have a Lumia 820. I purchased it on Friday and set it up to sync with WMPlayer and it worked fine. I had some issues with the phone and returned it for a new one. Now WMPlayer does not see it.

I am running Windows Vista 32, WMPlayer version 11.

Tools / Options / Devices / Refresh.. nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

jayman713, Nov 11, 2015
  3. BobSapey Win User
    Media Player missing since Win 10 upgrade

Bit of a nightmare getting to the right place, but eventually I found the right file and WMPlayer is back.

BobSapey, Nov 11, 2015
  4. zplugger Win User

WMPlayer

Not sure why this was moved from apps? Has anyone got this to play a dvd in windows10?

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Why did you need to "add" WMP into Win 10 ?
    WMP is part of Win 10 operating system. You can or should be able to find it at All apps > Windows Accessories.

My WMP plays dvd fine.

WMPlayer [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
  6. zplugger Win User
    Did you do a clean install or a upgrade?

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  7. zplugger Win User
    Did you do a clean install or a upgrade?
    Not sure why but mine will not play dvd,says disc empty. Run same disc in windows7 and all is find?
    This is a store bought dvd

WMPlayer [​IMG]

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

WMPlayer

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
  9. zplugger Win User
    Does your clean install work?

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    Yes, it does.

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
  11. zplugger Win User
    I will keep plugging away until it works, Thanks

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  12. zplugger Win User
    This problem is driving me nut's, hate when things don't work. Download the DVD player from app store and it plays DVD's,don't like the look of it and want my WMPlayer back. My WMPlayer just does not read the disc?, like something is missing. I know there are other apps but I kind of like WMPlayer. So any suggestion would be appreciated.

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

WMPlayer

You don't like the VLC Media Player I suggested ?

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
  14. zplugger Win User
    Its ok, just use to the WMPlayer. Like to fix thinks that are broke.

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  15. davidhk Win User
    Apparently, nothing is broken at your end.
    Windows 10 does not play DVDs anymore and the only way to play DVDs is to install the DVD player app from the Store you've mentioned, or install a 3rd party media player.
    VLC is at the top of the list.

*** I apologize for giving you the wrong info. I forgot I had used a "tweak" to enable Media Center which is why I can play DVDs.***

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

WMPlayer

1. WMPlayer - Similar Threads - WMPlayer

2. wmplayer 12 64bits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wmplayer 12 64bits: Bom dia pessoal... Tenho tentado operar o wmplayer na versão x64 mas não consigo de jeito maneira. Já desinstalei para quando voltar ser nesta versão mas só volta na mesma versão, x86 = 32bits... Nas buscas diversas na web encontrei este endereço...
  3. Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10: Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-rip-cd-in-wmplayer-using-windows-10/10700a6e-7193-426b-a793-8510e1bd2dde
  4. WD USB Drive -High CPU Usage using WMPlayer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD USB Drive -High CPU Usage using WMPlayer: Operating System : Windows Technical Preview Build 10122 : Problem - I own a WD USB Hard drive, and when I use Windows media player the CPU usage is between 10% and 20%, when it should be about 2% (Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU) when the USB Drive is disconnected...