Windows 10: WMPlayer

Discus and support WMPlayer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So it does not work on your computer either? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zplugger, Nov 11, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

WMPlayer

So it does not work on your computer either?

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  2. davidhk Win User

It does not without the tweak.

davidhk, Nov 11, 2015
  3. zplugger Win User
    Been plugging away to get this to work,like wmplayer does not read the dvd drive. I did a copy of the dvd and pasted in this pc video folder and it plays the file perfect.Can't figure out why it will not play from DVD Drive(K:. In windows 7 it would play from the drive,missing something here but not sure what.

When I put a disc in the drive wmplayer shows unknown disc ?
    wmplayer will play cd's ok just not dvd's

zplugger, Nov 11, 2015
  4. zplugger Win User

WMPlayer

Still don't understand why this does not work,still looking for suggestions. I can copy the dvd and put the file in videos on harddrive and wmplayer works perfect. I can play the dvd with vlc media player and all is well.Why won't wmplayer read the dvd drive when another player will. wmplayer see's the drive but does not read files.

zplugger, Nov 12, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Just did a upgrade on a Windows7 computer to Windows10 Pro. Found the same issue with upgrade that wmplayer will not play a DVD ? What is the reason of windows10 having it? Read so many different results on this working,can a expert tell me if wmplayer will play a DVD. I Know Media Center is gone so is wmplayer gone too. It will play music cd's ok. I need to move on about this so I need a expert of Windows10 tell me.

zplugger, Nov 12, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Source .....................

excerpt:
    Upgrade to Windows 8 or 10 and you may be surprised to find that you can no longer play video DVDs or Blu-ray. Unlike previous versions of Windows, Windows 8 and 10 don’t include built-in support for playing DVDs.
    Microsoft opted not to include DVD support because so many new computers – especially tablets and ultrabooks – aren’t coming with DVD drives. Microsoft pays a licensing fee for each copy of Windows that ships with DVD support.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMPlayer

1. WMPlayer - Similar Threads - WMPlayer

2. wmplayer 12 64bits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wmplayer 12 64bits: Bom dia pessoal... Tenho tentado operar o wmplayer na versão x64 mas não consigo de jeito maneira. Já desinstalei para quando voltar ser nesta versão mas só volta na mesma versão, x86 = 32bits... Nas buscas diversas na web encontrei este endereço...
  3. Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10: Can't rip CD in WMPlayer using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-rip-cd-in-wmplayer-using-windows-10/10700a6e-7193-426b-a793-8510e1bd2dde
  4. WD USB Drive -High CPU Usage using WMPlayer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD USB Drive -High CPU Usage using WMPlayer: Operating System : Windows Technical Preview Build 10122 : Problem - I own a WD USB Hard drive, and when I use Windows media player the CPU usage is between 10% and 20%, when it should be about 2% (Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU) when the USB Drive is disconnected...