Windows 10: wmpshare.exe wants to make changes

Discus and support wmpshare.exe wants to make changes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I am getting multiple notifications (like several an hour) that Controlled Folder Access has blocked wmpshare.exe from making changes to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gizmotw, Oct 1, 2018.

1. gizmotw Win User

wmpshare.exe wants to make changes

Recently I am getting multiple notifications (like several an hour) that Controlled Folder Access has blocked wmpshare.exe from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\music. What is wmpshare.exe and should I allow it to make changes? This just stated happening several weeks ago.

Thanks

:)

gizmotw, Oct 1, 2018

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. wmpshare.exe wants to make changes - Similar Threads - wmpshare exe wants

2. Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.: Hey! I want to make EXE from a notepad text. Is it possible? When I open it, it says app doesn't work on your computer. How can I make it openable and that it works? Please respond fast! Is there some app? If there is some app, please let me know....
  3. Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey! I want to make an exe file with notepad text.: Hey! I want to make EXE from a notepad text. Is it possible? When I open it, it says app doesn't work on your computer. How can I make it openable and that it works? Please respond fast! Is there some app? If there is some app, please let me know....
  4. *.exe icons changed

*.exe icons changed: I am running Windows 11. All of my *.exe files have turned into this iconI have deleted the following files:%LOCALAPPDATA%\IconCache.db%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\icon*.db, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumb*.dbI have also run "sfc /scannow" which...
  5. Do you want this app to make changes !!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you want this app to make changes !!: Good morning, is it possible to make one particular app run without the message "do you want this app to make changes etc ? I have set Scannow to run as a administrator for each time I open it. Despite this I still get the message about "making changes etc" is it possible to...
  6. Do you want this app to make changes !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want this app to make changes !!: Good morning, is it possible to make one particular app run without the message "do you want this app to make changes etc ? I have set Scannow to run as a administrator for each time I open it. Despite this I still get the message about "making changes etc" is it possible to...
  7. Do you want this app to make changes !!

8. Want to make changes to Screen Shots

Want to make changes to Screen Shots: I was recently made aware of a way to do quick screen captures bypressing the Windows button, and then the PrtScr button. It createsa PNG image of what was on the screen and stores it in the Picturesfolder in a folder labeled Screenshots.Is there a way of adjusting this...
  9. Context Menu changes I want to make - 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu changes I want to make - 1903: Luckily, the installation of 1903 seems to have gone smoothly for me. However I've felt over-run with entries on my right click context menu for a while and it's now even worse. So - can I: SHARE MENU - hide or remove it because it offers things I don't use and am not...
  10. Change icon for .exe

Change icon for .exe: I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmpshare.exe

2. wmpshare

3. wmpshare.exe wants to make changes

4. what is wmpshare.exe,
  5. wmpshare .exe,
  6. wmpshare.exe blocked,
  7. wrmpshare.exe,
  8. wmpshare.exe windows 10,
  9. wmpshare.exe in windows 10,
  10. c:programs wmpshare.exe