Windows 10: WMR Home Environment Backup

Discus and support WMR Home Environment Backup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had to re-install windows and I lost all my WMR home environment settings what decorations were placed where, etc.. I have backups of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rpp2119, May 6, 2021.

1. rpp2119 Win User

WMR Home Environment Backup

I recently had to re-install windows and I lost all my WMR home environment settings what decorations were placed where, etc.. I have backups of my previous installation, but I'm not sure what files I should restore.Does anyone know where WMR saves these settings, so I can restore them?Thanks!

:)

rpp2119, May 6, 2021
  2. rpp2119 Win User

How to transfer WMR Home Environment to new Computer

Like the title says.

I've been running WMR on my desktop, and I got my home environment set up just how I like it. But, I recently purchased a laptop that can support WMR, so I'd like to copy that data over to the new laptop so they match without having to redo everything from
    scratch.

I don't see an obvious way to do this, but I'm sure someone could point me to location where these settings are stored.

It would be nice if this were somehow linked to my Microsoft account (hint hint, MS... are you even listening?)

rpp2119, May 6, 2021
  3. Freya009 Win User
    How to Backup Personal Files from Windows Recovery Environment

Are these steps applicable to backup files from the Windows Recovery Environment on Windows XP as well?

Freya009, May 6, 2021
  4. Skrim Win User

WMR Portal & WMR Headset shows black screen but displays lines for border

So I have a HP WMR headset - the first version. When I boot up the WMR portal it starts out ok and the windows 10 logo displays in both the headset and the portal. But then the screen turns black on both the portal and the headset. However the lines show
    up for the border when I move around and the wmr controllers are also visible in portal and headset. I have updated drivers for everything. Updated bios. Uninstalled & reinstalled WMR software. Also uninstalled & reinstalled Steam VR. Restarted in between
    every step. I even went as far as killing every WMR reference in the registry and deleting all the WMR related files in the user profile; but nothing fixed it.

Here is the kicker though. I created a new profile and it works perfectly on the new profile but is still broken on the main profile.

So what do I have to do to resolve this on the main profile? Clearly there is some WMR related data haning around post uninstall. Where is it? How do I clear all WMR related data from a user profile?

Thanks WMR Home Environment Backup :)

Skrim, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. WMR Home Environment Backup - Similar Threads - WMR Home Environment

2. WMR right controller not tracking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMR right controller not tracking: I've tried resetting them, re-pairing them, reinstalling WMR portal and all software, I've rolled back the driver to .1070 and then controllers track but I lose the screens in the headset, if I then re-update the driver it says updating controller firmware and I lose the...
  3. Disable WMR Touch Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable WMR Touch Keyboard: So this has been asked by MANY people already for the last few years and you seemingly have done nothing. I've seen it on post after post in various forums including on the microsoft site. Hell there was even a reply from one of your team I think 3 years ago saying that's a...
  4. Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment: I booted to the Macrium Recovery Environment for Reflect v8 for my PC which has a system drive C and another drive D for Reflect backups. I can browse to find the backup files on drive D in the recovery environment. However, when I add the path D:\Reflect Backups no backup...
  5. WMR Lying about specs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMR Lying about specs.: I have a fully compatible PC that meets all the specs required for WMR, but it says I'm lacking USB 3.0 even though I have USB 3.0 ports. I went into Microsoft store and found WMR PC check, booted that up, and it says I'm compatible, but I can't boot WMR without the specs...
  6. External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External backup drive not recognised in Macrium rescue environment: I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version, ver 7.2 build 4971), which I like except for some problems. Unfortunately Macrium does not allow help for free version users in their support forum. so I posted here on 10forums last week, before I...
  7. External backup drive not recognised in window rescue environment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External backup drive not recognised in window rescue environment: I'm hoping someone can help. I am using macrium reflect (the free version). They do not allow free version users in their support forum. I use Win 10 pro 2004. Here's the weird problem: I have 3 external drives (in enclosures with jmicron chipsets), which work perfectly in...
  8. Windows 10 Home in a Networked Environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home in a Networked Environment: An organization I am assisting, uses laptops with Windows 10 Home. They currently use 365 Business and the online sharepoint. My questions are: is it better to use Pro in a network environment, or will home work? Is it better to upgrade to 10 pro or get new...
  9. Management of User Accounts in a Large Home Environment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Management of User Accounts in a Large Home Environment: Hello We have a home with many workstations. More than 10. It makes it very hard to go between each one and set the settings to the same, map network drives, install apps, uninstall junkware. Currently we have a Synology Nas running network shares. Currently all pcs are...
  10. WMR motion controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMR motion controllers: I bought a Lenovo Explorer and was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get motion controllers separately as I did not buy a bundle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wmr-motion-controllers/50d260fb-45a3-454e-b067-40259596b93d