Windows 10: WMR Lying about specs.

Discus and support WMR Lying about specs. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a fully compatible PC that meets all the specs required for WMR, but it says I'm lacking USB 3.0 even though I have USB 3.0 ports. I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Comthefox2486, Nov 9, 2020.

1. WMR Lying about specs.

I have a fully compatible PC that meets all the specs required for WMR, but it says I'm lacking USB 3.0 even though I have USB 3.0 ports. I went into Microsoft store and found WMR PC check, booted that up, and it says I'm compatible, but I can't boot WMR without the specs needed.

Left: WMR Spec Checker

Right: WMR Portal

WMR Lying about specs. [​IMG]

:)

Comthefox2486, Nov 9, 2020

2. Lenovo Explorer WMR - Error Code 2181038087-5

I've been struggling to get my brand-new Lenovo Explorer to work. I have 2 VR capable computers, both well within specs for WMR, both throw error code 2181038087-5 despite my exhaustive efforts.

Here are the specs,

Main PC:

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K
    • Ram: 32GB DDR3
    • MB Chipset: Intel Z97
    • GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: imgur.com

Streaming PC:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    • Ram: 16GB DDR4
    • MB Chipset: AMD B350
    • GPU: RX480 8GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: imgur.com

So far, I have attempted, on both machines:

• Unplugging all other devices and hubs on USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports
    • Unplugging and plugging back in the HMD into a different port
    • Confirming Host controllers have Microsoft drivers (see pictures)
    • Updating UEFI to latest firmware
    • Disabling USB selective suspend settings
    • Disabling Legacy USB Support in UEFI
    • Uninstalling all USB controllers and devices in the Device Manager, and allowing them to reinstall on a restart
    • Installing beta versions of the "HoloLens Sensors" firmware
    • Plugging HMD into a powered hub

Suggestions?

Andrew-Bahls, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Skrim Win User
    WMR Portal & WMR Headset shows black screen but displays lines for border

So I have a HP WMR headset - the first version. When I boot up the WMR portal it starts out ok and the windows 10 logo displays in both the headset and the portal. But then the screen turns black on both the portal and the headset. However the lines show
    up for the border when I move around and the wmr controllers are also visible in portal and headset. I have updated drivers for everything. Updated bios. Uninstalled & reinstalled WMR software. Also uninstalled & reinstalled Steam VR. Restarted in between
    every step. I even went as far as killing every WMR reference in the registry and deleting all the WMR related files in the user profile; but nothing fixed it.

Here is the kicker though. I created a new profile and it works perfectly on the new profile but is still broken on the main profile.

So what do I have to do to resolve this on the main profile? Clearly there is some WMR related data haning around post uninstall. Where is it? How do I clear all WMR related data from a user profile?

Thanks WMR Lying about specs. :)

Skrim, Nov 9, 2020
  4. petrib Win User

WMR Lying about specs.

Is nokia lying about n95 tech spec?

The programs you're talking about, read a fixed operating system constant value returned by the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer).

That constant is fixed/hardcoded when the Symbian operating system backporting (adapting the OS to new hardware is done).

For the N95, the value is incorrect (someone proabably just forgot or didn't bother to change the constant), so applications that just report the constant, will not report the true CPU speed.

The applications would have to implement their own algorithm to determine/estimate the actual processor speed (or have an internal table to look up the information).

In other words, the specs are correct (not lying), and the programs you tried report a constant value that is incorrectly defined in the firmware, and do not reflect the true clock speed of the application processor.

petrib, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

WMR Lying about specs.

1. WMR Lying about specs. - Similar Threads - WMR Lying specs

2. Concern about Windows 11 Spec.

in Windows 10 Support
    Concern about Windows 11 Spec.: Used Windows for many years but I fear the latest requirement for TPM will be the end of Windows for me. Both home laptops do not have TPM so Windows 11 will not install. I will not be spending 1000 plus replacing perfectly good equipment, so I'll probably revert to Pads and...
  3. Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows lie about my wifi signal strength?: I thought my wifi signal was strong because Windows' tray icon usually shows full or almost full bars, and I wondered why it was so slow at times. But then I took a look at my router admin interface and... low signal strength?! -65 dBm and 12 Mbps?! What's going on? Why is...
  4. Why does Microsoft Store lie about download speed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does Microsoft Store lie about download speed?: I am currently downloading Asphalt 9, and MS store tells me it is coming in at 9-12MB per secind. When i can clearly see it struggling to clear a MB every second or six. If it REALLY was coming in at between 9 and 12MB per second, i reckon those 2.5GBs would have arrived...
  5. Resolved WMR Lying about specs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolved WMR Lying about specs.: I have a fully compatible PC that meets all the specs required for WMR, but it says I'm lacking USB 3.0 even though I have USB 3.0 ports. I went into Microsoft store and found WMR PC check, booted that up, and it says I'm compatible, but I can't boot WMR without the specs...
  6. onedrive lied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive lied: I factory reset my pc windows 10, but before the reset i backed up my photos, schoolwork and music to onedrive, including pictures of my cat who sadly passed away recently. onedrive said everything "successfully backed up", so i reset my pc. once it completed i found out that...
  7. Minecraft Lies with Shader?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Lies with Shader?: Hey, guys, I tried to play Minecraft (Java Edition) with the Seus renewed shader (the free one), but somehow everything lay. I use the Seus renewed shader with Optifine and a real texture pack (link follows) as well as many modd. MC version was 1.12.2 I think It's...
  8. Windows Lied..?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Lied..?: I was trying to disable the windows antivirus program to download an app.so it told me to launch an app, I did but I had to do something on a website that was owned by Microsoft/Windows, the specific thing was to launch an application guard, would not work....
  9. Windows Store lies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store lies?: Trying to install Forza, after three hours its still like this with nothing in the drive its installing to. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-lies/45f086cb-307e-4eac-b9de-b3e28b87b950
  10. WMR motion controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMR motion controllers: I bought a Lenovo Explorer and was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get motion controllers separately as I did not buy a bundle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wmr-motion-controllers/50d260fb-45a3-454e-b067-40259596b93d