Windows 10: wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10

Discus and support wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I removed old hard drive from laptop, purchased SATA to USB3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure unit. I plugged in USB into new laptop but cannot access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryNordahl, Mar 27, 2020.

1. wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10

I removed old hard drive from laptop, purchased SATA to USB3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure unit. I plugged in USB into new laptop but cannot access files on old Hard Drive.

:)

GaryNordahl, Mar 27, 2020

2. Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Mar 27, 2020
  3. GlynParry Win User
    Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Macazine Win User

wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10

1. wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10 - Similar Threads - wnat recover files

2. Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC: I had an all-in-one PC that died about a year ago and have just managed to get my hands on a hard drive caddy to try and recover the files that I had on the old PC's HDD. However, when I go into the disk I cannot access the files - when I try to go into my old user profile on...
  3. How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive: I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop windows 10, however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users'' folder. Any suggestions?...
  4. How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Any newly purchased PC lets you zip through different tasks quickly and do other […] This article How to transfer Files from Old Hard Drive to new Windows 10 computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  6. Recovering files from removed hard drive from windows 10 HP laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering files from removed hard drive from windows 10 HP laptop: My hard drive stopped booting up and so it had to be removed in order to swap it out. The problem is none of the files are showing as accessible when you browse to Users/name/documents... etc. I also need to receover my email .PST folder in order to restore my outlook email...
  7. Can I install an old hard drive from an old computer on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install an old hard drive from an old computer on a new computer?: I have a 640 GB HDD from my old computer and would like to know if I can install it on my new desktop without issues. The connections match but not sure if the new computer will try and booth-up from the old hard drive. the new computer is running Window 10. Can anyone let...
  8. Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering Images from Old External Hard Drive: Just this evening I found the external hard drive used with our last PC. I have not connected it to our current PC in fear of making some dreadful mistake. My goal is to retrieve all jpg image files from that old drive. Note, I use File History to save files from our current...
  9. Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive: I did a search for answers to my problem and didn’t find what I needed. I apologize in advance, but I am desperate to recover my data. Sorry for the long post but here is the history leading to my problem. Recently MS did an update to my Windows 10 (believe 1703?). After that...
  10. Cannot transfer files from old hard drive to new Win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot transfer files from old hard drive to new Win 10 laptop: My Win 8.1 HP laptop failed to boot after a recent win 8.1 update and I have purchased a new ASUS x556u running Win 10. I have removed my old hard drive [Toshiba HDD2L01 MK7575GSX] placed it in a Dynamode USB3-HD2.5S-BN enclosure and attached it to my new laptop. The Asus...