Windows 10: Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC

Discus and support Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good day. There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system. What's happening: Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArthurAD, Jan 18, 2021.

1. ArthurAD Win User

Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC

Good day.

There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system.

What's happening:

Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC, everything works as it should.

If I decide to restart the PC, then the Windows 10 download hangs in the picture with the Windows icon and several circles that show the download status.

Rebooting with the Reset button gives the same result. And it always freezes at the same boot stage.

But, if the PC is turned off, then the next startup of Windows 10 is normal.

I came to the conclusion that my Windows 10 cannot boot after a reboot, but maybe only after turning off the PC.I tested this theory many times.

There is also a problem described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-kb4598242/fc2755cd-5d6c-41f5-931e-9aa0b21ce002

Bit it's not possible to solve this problem using the method described here, because Windows 10 cannot boot after a reboot during the recovery process.

And the updater stops working because the system has not been rebooted. Error "BOOT".

:)

ArthurAD, Jan 18, 2021

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jan 18, 2021
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    PC Won't Boot After Install and Restart

I was able to clear CMOS by taking out the battery and then putting it in after 5 min. That helped and i was able to boot, i got some kind of a checksum error and was given a choice to restore to last known good configuration or to default, i chose option number 1 and was able to boot into Windows, however after i restarted the PC i was back to square 1 where system wouldn't boot as before.

What do i do now? Clear CMOS again and attempt to boot into Windows do a system restore and uninstall that program that may have been the cause of this problem? Any suggestions?

4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Wndows 10 does't boot after restart the PC - Similar Threads - Wndows does't boot

2. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  3. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  4. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  5. PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps restarting after boot into windows: So just recently after when windows had a bad install on my SSD and i wiped and reinstalled windows, my computer out of nowhere keeps restarting and sometimes will load into Automatic Repair, i don’t know if this is either a windows problem or a hardware problem, but it keeps...
  6. This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This PC is "Working on it" after boot but ok after restart: I have 2 Windows 10 PCs one Pro one Home Edition, both version 20H2 both share the same strange behavior. When switched on in the morning selecting "This PC" displays partial information, drive icons show as the piece of paper symbol, sometimes nothing at all in the main...
  7. reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.: Reset of this pc began at 5:00pm and was at 88% complete when suddenly the sign-n page appeared with no notification that reset was complete After waiting about 20-25 minutes I signed in as usual, but it seems obvious that reset process was not complete, no toolbar,...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after restart the PC: Good day. There was a problem booting Windows 10 after rebooting the system. What's happening: Windows 10 boots normally after switching on PC, everything works as it should. If I decide to restart the PC, then the Windows 10 download hangs in the picture with the Windows...
  9. Issues after reinstalling Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues after reinstalling Wndows 10: Hi all, I've got a Dell XPS 15 9560 and I just did a factory reset on it and reinstalled the windows from scratch. It's the family edition and is up-to-date. However, soon after Windows was ready to be used again I noticed some issues.. I can't open the search bar and...
  10. PC won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot up after restart: PC stuck on boot when I restart it, and because of that, I need to shut down my PC from the button. I can't update my PC because of that and it giving me an error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. How to fix it. Thank you...