Windows 10: Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down

Discus and support Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down to the point that it is unusable and I must reset it. It is slow to fetch emails, open emails, change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Safety-Then, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down

Hi,

My Windows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down to the point that it is unusable and I must reset it. It is slow to fetch emails, open emails, change folders, etc. I've tried resetting the app, reinstalling it, messing around with sync settings, all to no avail. I've made sure everything is up to date as well.

I don't have all that many emails, 15k at most across two accounts, and they worked without a hitch on my old computer. My computer isn't all that slow, either. It is your standard cheapo laptop. 4gb RAM, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 128gb SSD.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/Safety-Then
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Safety-Then, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down

1. Wndows 10 Mail App keeps slowing down - Similar Threads - Wndows Mail App

2. Mail app shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  3. Contacts Wndows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts Wndows 10 Mail: Is there a way to edit contacts? I have some incorrect information in some of my contacts and I would also like to delete some. I been trying to get this info for over a year....
  4. Contacts Wndows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts Wndows 10 Mail: Is there a way to edit contacts? I have some incorrect information in some of my contacts and I would also like to delete some. I been trying to get this info for over a year....
  5. Computer keeps slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps slowing down: Hey guys, I recently got onto my computer and it was acting really strange. It suddenly got slow for some reason. So I looked on the web, I scanned for viruses, freed up some space, updated my drivers & software. It was still the same thing and I feel like upgrading to...
  6. pc keeps slowing down

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc keeps slowing down: hi all ive recently built myself a new pc not the first time ive done this but this time it keeps crashing when i try to play any games on it. Ive looked on the event viewer and the only thing i can find ir an error code 10016 dcom. the pc is x99 mainboard with an intel i7...
  7. Microsoft Wndows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Wndows 10 Mail: Mail is very slow. When looking at 'accounts' they are 'greyed out'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wndows-10-mail/dee5bdfb-c786-425c-99bf-5c2a4fdaa649
  8. wndows 10 mail app

wndows 10 mail app: I can't find this newer app installed on my windows 10 laptop. I don't think it ever installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wndows-10-mail-app/2e02b717-0cec-44d4-8a57-e27f3dc6cc32
  9. Wndows 10 app menus

Wndows 10 app menus: Why do the windows default apps such as mail, have Greek menus and dialogue and not English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/wndows-10-app-menus/bc5a0ba6-a898-4a12-b240-cf6d7278c33d
  10. Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing: Hi, All I have started using the Windows 10 Mail app on my Galaxybook for my hotmail email address. I have cleared out the Mail App at least 4 times today, but everytime i go in to look at new mails, all the old ones are back again. Whats even worse, if I actually log...