Windows 10: Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain

Discus and support Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new PC and am trying to join it to our domain. It displays under network and sharing that it is in the domain, but when I go to system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terry1337, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Terry1337 Win User

Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain

I have a new PC and am trying to join it to our domain. It displays under network and sharing that it is in the domain, but when I go to system properties and computer name then join the computer or change its name it is listed in a workgroup. If I try to change the workgroup to our domain it says to remove it from the workgroup. The new PC is in active directory on our domain server. How do I remove it from the workgroup?

Windows build 19042.870.

:)

Terry1337, Mar 29, 2021

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2021
  3. How to join a domain in Windows ?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand that you wanted to know how to join a domain in Windows 10.
    I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please refer the below link on “Join a domain, workgroup, or homegroup” and check if that helps.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 29, 2021
  4. banyoo Win User

Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

I also have the problem that a Domain joined W7 OEM PC can be updated to W10 using MediaBuilder.exe, but not activated. Exact the same PC can be activated under W10 if I join it to workgroup before updateing to W10.

What prevents a domain joined Computer from beeing activated? It looks to me that the activation process is not able to find MS activation server.

And it does not help to leave Domain *after* upgrade. You Need to go back to W7, leave Domain, upgrade, activate, join Domain again.

banyoo, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain - Similar Threads - Wndows leaving Workgroup

2. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  3. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Joining a Domain

Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Leaving a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Leaving a domain: I have a Lenovo thinkpad. I am joined to a network of a former employer. I am no longer with that company. I want to leave the domain. I can't seem to do it. How can I do this? I am ultimately trying to get my computer to stop performing poorly/slowly. I have a new version of...
  7. Domain and Workgroup

Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  8. Missing domain for Workgroup

Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...
  9. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  10. Join/Leave Network

Join/Leave Network: I have 1809 installed on 4 computers. I needed to rejoin network on one of them - so went to network and sharing - only to find that the previous option to join a network or leave a network (together with password details had disappeared). Checked the other three, and they to...