Windows 10: Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit)

Discus and support Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , Windows is not detecting my 10-bit HDR tv but is instead showing 8-Bit. To be clear , HDR works with my PS4 and VIA home network streaming.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DracoAbraxas_real, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit)

Hello ,

Windows is not detecting my 10-bit HDR tv but is instead showing 8-Bit.

To be clear , HDR works with my PS4 and VIA home network streaming.

But windows doesn't seem to detect it as an HDR TV.

Graphics : INTEL UHD 620

TV: TCL 55P6US

Appreciate your support.

Thanks.

:)

DracoAbraxas_real, Aug 9, 2019
  2. merajaan Win User

Windows 10 1803 HDR problem

I'm having the same issue as you except my TV is the Sony X900E. Windows 10 only shows 8bit RGB with dithering with the 1803 update whereas before (under what would've been Windows 10 version 1709) it was showing as 10bit YCbCr 422. The Nvidia Control panel won't let me select anything beyond 8bit either whereas in 1709 I could choose 10bit.

Playing HDR content such as on the Netflix Windows 10 app doesn't change the bit depth in advanced display settings either. So now I'm wondering whether I'm just getting faux-HDR (8bit FRC) instead of the full 10-bit HDR output that my panel is actually capable of whenever I playback HDR content on my PC?

Speaking to people on forums they show me screenshots of their advanced display settings in Windows and it says 10bit YCbCr 422 for them so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Did you find a solution?

merajaan, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Poor quality text when using HDR

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should.

1. What is the make and model of the TV and the computer?
    2. Are you facing the same issue even on computer or is it only with the TV monitor?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn off ClearType for the HDMI output connected to TV keeping your regular computer display. To do so,

1. Click on Start, type in ClearType and click on
      Adjust ClearType text option.
    2. The ClearType Text Tuner app will be opened on the screen.
    3. Uncheck > Turn on ClearType and click on
      Next.
    4. You’ll be able to see the options such as Yes, I want to tune all monitors now and
      No, only tune the monitors that I select.
    5. Select No, only tune the monitors that I select and click on the preferred monitor (TV) and follow the onscreen prompts.
    6. On the next page, select a text sample that looks most readable to you and click on the Next button.
    7. Repeat the same step on subsequent pages. You will see 5 screens with text samples in a row.
    8. Click on the Finish button to accept the changes you made.

Meanwhile, regarding the issue with the distorted colors and text quality I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

Steps to change the display settings to match the resolution of the display:

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard, click on
      System.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. You will see an option to Select and rearrange displays, click on the display associated with the TV.
    4. Scroll down to select the ‘Recommended’ option under
      Scale and layout to Change the size of text, apps, and other items, and
      Resolution.

For more information I would also suggest you to refer the article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Zafatta Win User

Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit)

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit)

1. Wndows does not detect HDR tv (10Bit) - Similar Threads - Wndows does detect

2. Wndows Performance Recorder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wndows Performance Recorder ?: I noticed something strange in what windows is now recording. This seems to of started right after 1903 18362.175. I have on 3 different system, several WPR files that reside in the Windows->Log subdirectory. Does anybody know anything about 1903 activating WPR or using the...
  3. Wndows 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows 10 License: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer and when setting up clicked to activate windows later. Now I want to buy and Windows 10 Home license as i have no need for pro features, and therefore dont want to pay extra. The license i am going to buy is the home edition...
  4. Why does my PC detect my Vizio TV even when it is powered off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC detect my Vizio TV even when it is powered off?: So if I unplug my Vizio TV (P65, 2017 model) and restart my computer it only detects my monitor. If I plug my Vizio TV in it still only detects my monitor. However, once I turn the Vizio TV on my PC detects both the monitor and the TV. After this point I can turn my TV...
  5. Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Does Not Detect Devices: After reinstalling the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update 1809, my ASUS R554L's Bluetooth 4.0 does not detect any devices. It will just endlessly scan for devices, but to no avail. I'm AR94x Wireless Network Adapter with BT4.0 support. Drivers are from 3/12/2018. For some...
  6. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.: I had some color issues that went away when I turned HDR and WCG off. I updated my Nvidia driver. I can not turn on HDR and WCG. As soon as I click to turn it on, the screen refreshes and resets it to OFF. What is going on? Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. I researched...
  7. Windows 10 HDR not available on capable PC and SONY TV XBR55X800E

Windows 10 HDR not available on capable PC and SONY TV XBR55X800E: When I got to Settings -> Display and at the bottom it says "Advance display settings" and in there at the bottom it display what "Color Space" I am using It tells me SDR. Therefore, I cannot go to Settings -> Apps -> Video Playback and adjust Stream HDR Video or play my...
  8. Windows 10 on Dell laptop does not detect 2nd TV and does not extend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 on Dell laptop does not detect 2nd TV and does not extend: My win 10 is not detecting my second TV. I have an HDMI splitter out from my del laptop. Output One goes to the insignia TV and Output Two goes to the Westinghouse TV. It does not detect the Westinghouse. The Westinghouse and insignia are duplicate displays...
  9. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...
  10. Wndows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows Update: Hi, when I choose Inställningar ( in Swedish ) and then Windows update I receive a new windows with some choosw like Windows Update, but all is blank in then windows and nothing happens when I click the items in the left raw. All the other choose ( like networks and accounts...