Windows 10: Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure

Discus and support Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Win 10 with all current Updates, File Explorer, Win Office apps, and other applications are taking longer to open the file structure to save,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnCollier47, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure

Using Win 10 with all current Updates, File Explorer, Win Office apps, and other applications are taking longer to open the file structure to save, save as or just explore the Files/Folders. The same for Rename. It takes up to 2 minutes to open File Explorer or to go to another Folder.

I have used older hints from the Community on this issue but nothing has really worked.

:)

JohnCollier47, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 31, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure :)

jaydeee, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure

.jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure

1. Wndows File Explorer and other apps take much longer to open file structure - Similar Threads - Wndows File Explorer

2. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  3. File explorer taking forever to open/close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer taking forever to open/close: Whenever I have a game open my file explorer and task manager take ages to load. When I close it, it goes back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-taking-forever-to-openclose/4ea0c062-5983-4ae8-b4db-a84ff5f99854
  4. File Explorer explores too much!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer explores too much!: How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named files, but also a lot of other jpg files with images of chequered floors. If I search for "castle" it finds all sorts of...
  5. File Explorer takes a while to open

File Explorer takes a while to open: In the past few days I have noticed an odd behavour of File Explorer. If I try to open it from shortcut, Windows start menue or cmd it won't open. Also if i click on the windows start menue logo it won't open it opens only if I pres dedicated key on keyboard. After about 5...
  6. File Explorer and W10 file structure

File Explorer and W10 file structure: I am the sole user of a W10 PC and find the basic file structure used in W10 totally confusing. It seems impossible to get information about what is nested under what and how the parts are interacting to understand how the hierarchy is built up. Trying to re/organize my...
  7. File Explorer Tree Structure changed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Tree Structure changed: My Windows was set up badly and I was trying to make my User desktop be my laptop desktop. I changed the location of my user Desktop to C: and now My file explorer structure looks like this: [img] how do i get it back to normal with "This PC" at the top of the tree 160908
  8. File Explorer takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer takes forever to open: Idk if it's something I've done, but right after updating Windows today the File Explorer takes 20-30s to open when I click it on the taskbar. However if I click a folder on the Desktop it opens immediately. Anyone else having the same problem or knows how to solve it?...
  9. why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?: since the last update the photos app is no longer able to be pinned to quick access on file explorer. it keeps saying catastrophe failure. i have been using photos app to upload pictures online for years instead of going through the pictures folder. any ideas?...
  10. File Explorer - takes forever to open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - takes forever to open: File Explorer has always opened immediately (for 20 odd years). Suddenly it (Quick Access) takes so long that it's just not worth trying to use it (but of course one must). Anyone have any ideas about how Explorer could be affected by a recent update or other event? Or...