Windows 10: Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder

Discus and support Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first did a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, I moved my user 'Documents' folder to 'C:\DataFiles.' I have since created another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesJoey, Aug 14, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder

When I first did a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, I moved my user 'Documents' folder to 'C:\DataFiles.' I have since created another partition and moved the 'Documents' folder to 'd:\DataFiles.'
    now even thpugh I delete 'c:\DataFiles' Windows contitues to re-create the folder.
    I checked the properties of both folders and there is no 'Location' tab in either of them.
    I've searched the registry for 'c:\DataFiles' and it is not found.

Any ideas???
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Aug 14, 2018

2. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    create user fails windows 10

Geoff,

This is a shot in the dark.

Several people have been reporting different problems logging in to newly created user accounts.

• They just get a user profile service failed message instead of your symptoms.
    • Whilst their symptom is different, it occurs to me that the cause might be the same.
    • The common factor is that it affects newly-created user accounts that have never been successfully logged into.

So, I suggest having a look at my explanations in Cannot create a new user account that can be login.

In short -

1 Try copying the NTUSER.DAT file from the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder of a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

2 Try copying the whole [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group from a computer that does not exhibit the problem.

3 Try recreating the [hidden] C:\Users\Default folder group using Kapil Arya's linked article.

I have nothing other than a gut feeling to justify suggesting these steps,

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder

1. Wndows Keeps Creating User Folder - Similar Threads - Wndows Keeps Creating

2. Creating Folders in Users/OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  3. Creating Folders in Users/OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  4. A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive folder keeps being created in my user file: A few months ago I was working for a company I'll call Company X. As a part of my work I saved documents to Company's X's OneDrive folder which I was connected to by having my email through Company X synced with my laptop. I no longer work for this company, have disconnected...
  5. Delete automatic created folders in /user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete automatic created folders in /user: Every time I log into windows and open the file explorer in my user folder, there are folders like "my contacts", "my documents" etc... Even if i delete them, they reappear as soon as i restart windows. How can i enable this, so that they´re gone for ever ? submitted by...
  6. Wndows Explorer Keep Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wndows Explorer Keep Crashing: Hello, I am unable to access the files on my cloud drive. I use Onedrive as well as Pcloud. and I face the same issue on both the drives. Whenever I try to access any file or even right click on it, the Wndows Explorer gets crashed. Below are my machine's configuration....
  7. user folder keeps getting created every restart?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user folder keeps getting created every restart?: So I delete it, and every time i restart its back. I keep getting a users\\appdata\local\microsoft\inputpersonalization\textharvester\textharvester.dat i dont even know where to begin so if anyone knows off-hand id be appreciative :) - - - Updated - - - figured it out....
  8. Create User folder image and restore it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create User folder image and restore it: I'm looking for a way to use DISM to create a backup of the User folder and be able to reapply that image back to the drive when needed. I have an image created but I can't get it to apply. I've used the instructions here to move the User folders to a non-SSD drive and would...
  9. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  10. Win 10 update keeps creating new user file folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update keeps creating new user file folders: Every few WIN10 updates or so I end up with my all my settings changed as if it was a brand-new install. no programs, nothing. When I look at the C:/Users directory I get this: C;/Users/Jason (original) C:/Users/Jason.JASONWIN10 (update 2 months ago)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i renamed my user folder and windows keeps creating a temp