Windows 10: Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore

Discus and support Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an intermittent failure using W7 Backup & Restore that happened last month. BU&R runs using either the weekly schedule I use or manually. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by swansojb, Jan 6, 2020.

1. swansojb Win User

Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore

I have an intermittent failure using W7 Backup & Restore that happened last month.

BU&R runs using either the weekly schedule I use or manually.

The programme runs, but near the end it stops with an error number 0x8007045D along with a message 1/O device error. and that the programme has not completed the backup.

This affects the access to the backed up data and some folders and files cannot be opened or be deleted. The drive icon disappears in File Explorer.

Rebooting the PC the drive icon returns and the folders & files can be accessed and deleted.

I tried another back up drive and same occurs.

Checks have been made on my drives and all have passed them.

Occasionally the W7 BU&R works after deleting all the files, but at next back up fault occurs again.

W7 BU& R has worked without any problems since new, so how do I get it working properly again?

:)

swansojb, Jan 6, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jan 6, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 6, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Wndows using Windows 7 Back Up and Restore - Similar Threads - Wndows using Restore

2. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  3. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  4. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use back up/restore ?!: I want to back up the C drive which has the OS on, just in case the hard disc crashes, I have done this in the past without a problem but in windows 10 I get a message that it cannot be done because the target drive has insufficient capacity, however the back up file is...
  6. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use back up/restore ?!: I want to back up the C drive which has the OS on, just in case the hard disc crashes, I have done this in the past without a problem but in windows 10 I get a message that it cannot be done because the target drive has insufficient capacity, however the back up file is...
  7. Unable to use back up/restore ?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool: Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer."...
  9. Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7

Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7: Hi Community People: Windows 10 Back Up has the following option: Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7, which I like to use becouse it makes an image of the system disk. The problem is that it is not backing up my 365 Microsoft Office Outlook .pst file, even when I...
  10. Windows 7 updated to 10, Back up & restore

Windows 7 updated to 10, Back up & restore: Hi All, I am using my Dell laptop, windows 7 home premium was my default OS but i have updated to windows 10 recently. when i tried to back up my data i have noticed my external hard drive space is very low. but the media file and back up files together is not more than...