Windows 10: wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?

Discus and support wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let me a question, please. Purpose: To have two independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10 Is it possible create a second desktop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hozeluii, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hozeluii Win User

wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?

Let me a question, please.
    Purpose: To have two independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10
    Is it possible create a second desktop in “C:\Users\<username>\Desktop2” and link it solidly to the “Desktop 2” of TaskView?
    Alternatively,
    Is it possible to join my documents in “C:\Users\<username>\Documents” and solidly link it “Desktop 2” of TaskView?
    Many thanks

:)

Hozeluii, Feb 15, 2017

2. independent Virtual desktops on each monitor

Hi,

As per the description, I would like to inform that you will not be able to display two programs at a time in two different monitors if the program in question supports full screen mode.

However for apps you can set your PC monitor settings as Extended, and then open apps in your main monitor and drag it to the respective monitor that you wish it should be displayed in.

We cannot say when a build will release that supports your needs, you can however keep tract of the features that are incorporated in the upcoming builds via our Windows blog website.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 15, 2017
  3. bmtrsmt Win User
    independent Virtual desktops on each monitor

I have two monitors and I want to display each virtual desktop on a different one

one for gaming, movies or whatever and the other for net surfing or some small tasks

can i do it? I tried everything and it doesn't seems to be possible

if not, can I expect a future update that make me do this? ****, does the developers even now that people want this?

the virtual desktops feature is very disappointing for now. changing the desktop effect the two display defeat the purpose of having them

bmtrsmt, Feb 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It is already there if you click on the "Task View" button where the clock is.

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

1. wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - independent non virtual

2. windows 10 virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 virtual desktops: I just started to use desktops on windows 10 ---- on one of my laptop it works ok --- create a new desktop and it is clear -- no open windows and tabs on my other win 10 laptop --- when I open a desktop the items form the previous desktop bleed into the new desktop Is there a...
  3. windows 10 virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 virtual desktops: I just started to use desktops on windows 10 ---- on one of my laptop it works ok --- create a new desktop and it is clear -- no open windows and tabs on my other win 10 laptop --- when I open a desktop the items form the previous desktop bleed into the new desktop Is there a...
  4. windows 10 virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 virtual desktop: We have a mission critical pc that I want to run with a virtual desktop. I want to know if there is a way to automatically start the virtual environment upon bootup?Also, if I back up the virtual machine, will the backup include all of the applications that are on the system?...
  6. Windows 10 virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 virtual desktop: We have a mission critical pc that I want to run with a virtual desktop. I want to know if there is a way to automatically start the virtual environment upon bootup?Also, if I back up the virtual machine, will the backup include all of the applications that are on the system?...
  7. Windows 10 virtual desktop

8. Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors

Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors: I was delighted to find Windows now has Virtual Desktops which I love. I like having all my work windows on one desktop and then any personal browsing and messaging applications on another. However and this is my use case I work on two monitors with my IDE Development...
  9. Independent cursors on virtual desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Independent cursors on virtual desktop?: I was wondering if there’s a way to make each virtual desktop have their own cursors? For example, i have a program running on desktop one that makes the mouse click on a certain location on the screen. When i switch to desktop two, the mouse is still clicking on the same...
  10. Windows 10, Virtual Desktop.

Windows 10, Virtual Desktop.: I accidentally created 845 virtual desktops, due to a button malfunction. I'd like to erase desktop 2-845 via quick PowerShell command or something in that direction....