Windows 10: woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my...

Discus and support woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aos10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hinvi8/woke_my_laptop_from_sleep_and_found_this_is_this/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aos10, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/aos10 Win User

woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my...

/u/aos10, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Rodcliff Win User

Waking Laptop From Sleep

Since installing Creators Update (1703) which otherwise seems to be successful, my laptop no longer wakes from sleep when I open the lid and I have to press the power button to bring it back to life. No big deal but it always woke up by opening the lid. Would
    welcome suggestions.

Rodcliff, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sam Jones Win User

woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my...

Win10: Time since woke from sleep

I want to know how many hours I have been working tonight.

So at a cmd prompt, I do this:

That shows me the boot time.

But I booted my system yesterday morning. The computer was asleep last night, and all day today until a few hrs ago when I woke it from sleep.

So how do I find the time it woke from sleep?

Sam Jones, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. woke my laptop from sleep and found this, is this a prank from microsoft? or because of my... - Similar Threads - woke laptop sleep

2. Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted my laptop from my microsoft account: I accidentally deleted my main laptop from my microsoft account. I tried to use "can't see my devive" to add it back, but it seems like it's only working for surface and xbox. The laptop is still funtioning fine, no problems seems to be happening so far. Is there a way i can...
  3. My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps waking up from sleep every time I wake my laptop from sleep.: The subject is pretty self-explaining I guess. I run the same Windows 10 updates and everything is identical and up to date all the time. I'm not sure if someone is having the same issue or maybe other people just turn their PC off when they're not using it but I'm more a...
  4. My computer will not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not wake from sleep.: I have a Envy x360. It does not wake from sleep. I have tried resetting power options and nothing seems to work. I also do not have all available power options. If I put my computer to sleep, it basically locks up. In order to wake it, I have to hold the power button down for...
  5. wsappx running at night and turning on my laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wsappx running at night and turning on my laptop from sleep: Is there any way to change when wsappx runs? It consistently loves to turn on my laptop at night, usually around 1:30 am and will leave it on until I wake up or catch it when it happens. Is it possible to disable the process without giving up windows updates entirely?...
  6. How to check what woke my PC up from hibernation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to check what woke my PC up from hibernation?: Hi, I put my PC to hibernation every night before I go to bed however it will randomly wake up from hibernation on some days. Does anyone know the cause behind this? I tried powercfg -waketimers and it says, Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  7. No Sound from my laptop

No Sound from my laptop: I have no sound from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-from-my-laptop/df920719-b58b-49b5-b28b-124b9dbbcf06
  8. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  9. my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode

my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode: I use windows 10 and my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/e0dc48ea-e7df-4ef1-b66d-d94b10cd7d67
  10. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi: when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/when-waking-my-laptop-from-sleep-will-not-connect/080ca23c-4d1b-418e-bc03-93f05f99586e