Windows 10: Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Discus and support Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Other than 140 MB in the $Windows.~BT folder, the 2nd and possibly the main ISO (over 2 GB) is being copied to this folder -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kyhi, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Beaupeep Win User

Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Other than 140 MB in the $Windows.~BT folder, the 2nd and possibly the main ISO (over 2 GB) is being copied to this folder - C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\0ef3a7b4ab9df805ef65cf251975f3c6

So if your C:\$Windows.~BT folder's size remains unchanged check in the Software Distribution folder.

Beaupeep, Jul 27, 2015
  2. red454 Win User

I have 3 Win 7 computers that are turned on right now - one has finished the download (just under 6 gig for some reason) and one of the others has started, while the third has nothing yet.

red454, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Joanne Win User
    Ah, okay, I see!

Yes, I've just checked C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and the DOWNLOAD folder is 2.70 GB of size.

Anyway... when my download rate dropped so dramatically, down to zero, and after waiting a bit, I have rebooted. Nothing happened. I logged into my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium again. Right now it is downloading something again but at the very low rate of 60 - 80 KB/s.

I do not mind. I was not expecting any Upgrade today, anyway.

*Smile

Joanne, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

It might be limited to one device at a time per IP address. I have one PC that looks like its finished the download and another that only just started.

alphanumeric, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Don't have it yet. Although, I looked on my PC's this morning, and it said it had failed an update. I'll post a screenshot later of a better description of what I am talking about.

Jesse Williams, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    Have you rebooted the one that has finished? Has it upgraded to 10 today?

Joanne, Jul 27, 2015
  7. I have 8.1 Pro and it just finished downloaded 4.6 GB. I sort of hope it will still ask me before it installs.

alkaufmann, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

It's not going to do the actual upgrade until tomorrow. If I open Windows update it says, We'll let you know when the upgrade is ready to be installed on this PC.

9. Beaupeep Win User
    The C:\$Windows.~BT folder now sizes up at 3.1 GB and the folder also has a 2.63 GB install.esd file.

But there's some background download going on at full speed. Not sure what else is coming in.

PS - Task Manager shows a Windows 10 setup.exe running along with Windows Update and Modern Setup Host.

But no prompts to proceed with the upgrade just yet.

Beaupeep, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Mines has just started , about 60 meg downloaded

makes me happy

paulsalter, Jul 27, 2015
  11. You'll be notified when its ready to upgrade, as far as I know you can still opt out or delay it until your ready.

12. Kyhi Win User
    It is also going to download critical updates and new drivers if needed

I have cloned my windows 8.1 partition to my windows 10 preview partition
    and deleted the upgrade from my windows 8.1 partition
    and will upgrade the new windows 8.1 / 10 partition

13. rockstar Win User

C:\$Windows.~BT is only 140mb*cry

rockstar, Jul 27, 2015
  14. rockstar Win User
    that's good right?

rockstar, Jul 27, 2015
  15. Kyhi Win User
    yes - that is also why I created an ISO out of the actual Upgrade folder
    It has all the updated info for the PC

Thema:

1. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded - Similar Threads - Woke Found Win10

2. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  3. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...: I don’t know how to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-download-netflix-and-its-saying-i/93dfe450-77dc-4340-8b81-5a6010e7cf39
  4. I’m trying to download Netflix and it’s saying I already have it but no where to be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software: Hey guys - I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed. Acronis 2012 was installed and was removed. I ran the Acronis cleanup tool. I further manually searched the registry and...
  6. Woke up to a missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Woke up to a missing D Drive: I keep my files on a D Drive Internal Hard Drive on a Dell Desktop I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately Please walk me through steps to get this back...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key...: Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key from MS Store and but activation will not change from Home to Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-win10-pro-after-windows-re-install/84dcd848-bceb-416a-9edc-e39c05130917"
  8. Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Woke up to BSOD, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: I hardly doubt it's how much memory I have. My laptop has 64G of RAM. I haven't installed any new drivers recently, that I know of (thanks Microsoft). I did notice there is an app crashing (mouse and headset app) almost daily in the reliability report, but hasn't caused a...
  9. woke up to no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    woke up to no boot: thursday night I put my pc in sleep mode fri morn I come back and find the bios screen displaying. I tried rebooting, and no go. It didn't identify the right hard disk. So I repaired the boot with macrium reflect recovery disk. I booted to windows, and after five minutes,...
  10. Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files

Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files: Hi all, Early August the Win10 upgrade files downloaded automatically on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bits. I was willing to make sure that the upgrade would succeed so I would only install a pretty stable and mature version of Win10. I therefore have 2 questions:...